What's new

Your DOPP Kits

I have been looking at getting a real DOPP kit, as apposed to my current cheap, fake leather one. I have found myself browsing Etsy and have found some amazing quality, handmade DOPP kits that are real leather and many of them are quite sexy looking. The price on many of them are pretty nice also. I figured I would see what DOPP kits you guys have, perhaps where you got them, and what you put in them to make sure you have what you need when you're not home. Maybe you guys have advice as far as what to look for in a DOPP kit other than how sexy it is and if it will fit all of your shaving/toiletry stuffs. :)

I've got an AmeriLeather one from Amazon. It's fine for me. I did have a Coach one, but my wife took it and I don't seem to be able to get it from her. Got it from an outlet store for about $50. It's better quality than the AmeriLeather one, but I feel the leather is more 'tough and hard wearing' on the AmeriLeather one.

I've got an AmeriLeather one from Amazon. It's fine for me. I did have a Coach one, but my wife took it and I don't seem to be able to get it from her.
I have this feeling that you wont be getting that back, being Coach and all. My wife just got a Coach purse and loves it more than any of her other purses. :)

I don't use a Dopp kit but use Col Littleton's No. 2 leather shave kit. It's pricey but I wanted a lifetime product made of sturdy leather that would develop character over the years. It carries all the same stuff that I use to shave at home except that I switch to a travel brush that fits inside my travel tube.

As for selecting -- it's up to you to determine your priorities and what you're looking for from your kit, what you're willing to spend, aesthetics, etc. If you want a real Dopp kit you can buy the original design by the Dopp company. There are all sorts of materials to choose from out there. Filson has kits made from leather and kits made from water repellent fabric. RedOxx offers shave kits in ballistic nylon in their standard selection of colors. Freitag makes kits made from used truck tarps. There are many other companies out there with options. eBags can be a good place to look at a wide variety on one single site. If you want functionality like being able to hang the kit or expandability, etc there are choices to fit your needs/wants.

Don't overlook prior discussions as a resource.

Last edited:
I don't use a Dopp kit but use Col Littleton's No. 2 leather shave kit and it carries everything I use when I shave at home except that I switch to a travel brush that fits inside my travel tube.
Man, that thing is quite the kit. That's like a shave satchel.

As for selecting -- it's up to you to determine your priorities and what you're looking for from your kit. If you want a real Dopp kit you can buy the original design. You have to select the material you want whether it's leather, canvas, ballistic nylon, etc. Freitag offers kits made from used truck tarps. If you want functionality like being able to hang the kit or expandability, etc there are options. If you want an expandable kit there are options for those as well.
I probably could have worded my original post differently, but this was just more of a curiosity thing. I wasn't necessarily looking for ideas. I do have a general idea of what I want in my kit. A couple will be home made even. Two of those things might be rose hip oil and rose water, but not totally sure yet. I have also purchased a few travel size bottles to use for things such as shampoo, conditioner, body wash, witch hazel, post shave balm, etc. Some of the stuff we (pretentious shavers) use come in bigger bottles that can make packing difficult. That's why I figured I'd use those travel size bottles with a few things. :)

Top Bottom