What's new

Your daily acne serum?

I now just use Blue Power Carbolic Soap. -Even for washing my hair, don't use hair conditioner, but I might use a dab of glycerin, if my scalp is particularly dry.

I have even shaved with it, like Lawrence of Arabia did!

Can't beat it, having tried, and spent a small fortune on other so called 'anti-acne products!'

Last edited:
Clean food
No milk, no sugars, no fats...
Food is 90% of the problem, I got rid of acne by changing my diet

I have naturally very greasy skin, and have always had greasy skin, so I've always had acne problems. What's changed that is rinsing my face, keeping a clean hand towel in my bathroom at all times, and after I rinse my face with slightly warm water, I scrub my face with the clean hand towel. Ever since I've done that, I've had almost zero issues with acne.

I have naturally very oily skin, especially my face. I have dealt with pimples/acne my entire post pre-teen life. A couple years ago, I started using Grandpa Soap Company's Pine Tar Soap as my shampoo and facial cleanser (I use a variety of other soaps for my body). TBH, I despise the campfire-like smell of the pine tar soap. **Hate it** However, I cannot argue with nor replicate with other cleansers/soaps/creams/etc. the terrific results I get by using this pine tar soap in this manner. My oily facial skin has moderated, the tone has evened-out, and I just simply don't suffer from anything but the rare, occasional pimple these past couple years. YMMV as always.

I like Bulldog face wash or Harry's face wash. Sometimes I'll use Thayers lemon astringent if my face is oily or I have a pimple somewhere. It clears up fast.

Top Bottom