What's new

Your current TOP 5 DE's?

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Man there's been some good ones come & go from your den! I imagine the Wolfman is a forever keeper for you Dan!
Yes, Robert. The WR2 has, in my humble opinion, the greatest combination of smoothness and efficiency ever built. Better than the Paradigm 17-4; better than the British Crats and RFB’s; better than Timeless; better than the Sheraton; it just beats them all for me. So, yes, it’s my forever razor.

Merkur futul (a Chinese clone) as long as I load it with Gillette silver blue

Parker Variant preferably with a gillette titanium

Gillette black beauty with derby premium

se territory so look away :)
Focus r48 with a bic chrome

oneblade core with a feather

As the year comes to a close, it is amazing to look back on 2019 and reflect on the comings and goings of many razors. It's been fun, but I am on sabbatical in 2020.

Currently and if successful in said sabbatical, my lineup through the new year...

Wolfman WR2 1.15 stainless steel SB (the best of the best)
Charcoal Goods antique brass level 2 SB and OC plates (prefer the SB and a fine 2nd place finisher behind the Wolf)
Gillette New SC (smooth operator and a great travel razor)
LASSC BBS-1 (one classy dame)
#5 TBD?

As the year comes to a close, it is amazing to look back on 2019 and reflect on the comings and goings of many razors. It's been fun, but I am on sabbatical in 2020.

Currently and if successful in said sabbatical, my lineup through the new year...

Wolfman WR2 1.15 stainless steel SB (the best of the best)
Charcoal Goods antique brass level 2 SB and OC plates (prefer the SB and a fine 2nd place finisher behind the Wolf)
Gillette New SC (smooth operator and a great travel razor)
LASSC BBS-1 (one classy dame)
#5 TBD?

Well, I agree wholeheartedly with your “best of the best”. My WR2 1.15 SB is the A player in my lineup, as well. The next four are a little harder to rank...

1) Wolfman WR2 1.15
2) through 5), in no particular order:
Karve SS C/D
RR GC84
Blackland Blackbird
Timeless SS .68/.95

Honorable mention: Gillette NEW SC

Wolfman 1.25 SB SS - (best in the den)
Timeless .95 HP Ti DC
Timeless .95 HP SS DC
Carbon SS
Goodwell 162

I also have .68 DC in both TI and SS and they are fabulous but my technique has improved so I prefer more aggressive plates now. But every so often nice to re-visit old friends which "taught" me how me shave with a DE.

My five - modest, but work for me.
1578099887347.png

I'm a vintage Gillette shaver so my current top 5 are (in no particular order):

1. 1955 Red Tip
2. 1952 Super Speed
3. 1963 Slim
4. 1965 Super Speed
5. 1970 Super Adjustable (84mm)

As of now only have five. In no particular order:
1- RR GC .84
2- RR Mamba .70
3- Merkur Futur
4- RR SLOC
5- EJ DE89

I also have a RR GC.68 so this list will most likely change.

Top Bottom