What's new

Your combat pistols

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
With the advent of Word to type reports, along with not needing to sign the back of paychecks due to Direct Deposit, when does a guy get a chance to practice his penmanship? I definitely shoot better then I write. :)

That okay...Mongo no can read.

With the advent of Word to type reports, along with not needing to sign the back of paychecks due to Direct Deposit, when does a guy get a chance to practice his penmanship? I definitely shoot better then I write. :)

Gawds, the only flaw in the computer revolution! And we had to be in the generation which would weep for that which is lost! (Don't get me wrong, I need to shoot. I only Have to write!)

That okay...Mongo no can read.
Ok? seriously? I'm befuddled. :) (wink)

Beretta 96 GSD .40 S&W
IMG_20190206_104300830.jpg

These days, most of the guys I know that shoot competition don't have race guns. I see a lot of off the shelf stuff with perhaps a trigger job and better sight.

If I was going to sample combat courses or else be required to actually engage in combat my choices will be way out-of-style.

Colt Government Model .45 ACP from 1967 with with installed Harrison sights

Favorite old ratty Smith & Wesson Model 10 Heavy Barrel .38 Special

A Combat Magnum? Smith & Wesson Model 19 Combat Magnum .357 Magnum

Current favorite .357 Magnum, 3 1/2-inch N-Frame .357 Magnum from before they were named Model 27
The old FBI revolver and barrel length

If I gotta do high-capacity automatics I've kinda warmed up to the CZ 75BD lately

If I was going to sample combat courses or else be required to actually engage in combat my choices will be way out-of-style.

Colt Government Model .45 ACP from 1967 with with installed Harrison sights

Favorite old ratty Smith & Wesson Model 10 Heavy Barrel .38 Special

A Combat Magnum? Smith & Wesson Model 19 Combat Magnum .357 Magnum

Current favorite .357 Magnum, 3 1/2-inch N-Frame .357 Magnum from before they were named Model 27
The old FBI revolver and barrel length

If I gotta do high-capacity automatics I've kinda warmed up to the CZ 75BD lately
Your choices are plenty in-style for me. It's sad a lot people don't care for or respect old world craftsmanship like those S&W wheelies and are more quick to jump on the newest plastic gun bandwagon. Don't get me wrong I'm not anti-polymer or stuck in the stone age but if more people owned/shot wheelguns they might understand why they can be so effective. That Model 27 is gorgeous btw.

Me personally this is probably what I'd have with me in a time of need.
proxy.php

I wouldn't trust myself with an auto-loader in an adrenaline filled self-defense situation. Too many things to screw up. I'm a revolver guy. Just point and pull.

Glock trigger, way too heavy. ;)

Not with a bar polish and a new shoe.

I only ever had a M9 in combat. Thank gawd I never fired it in anger. I always disliked it. My combat days are over and I’m glad for it. There’s too much paperwork with killin off the clock I hear.

I have an ‘03 Springfield Loaded I used to carry, now it’s a G19 or 43 for platform commonality.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Not with a bar polish and a new shoe.

I only ever had a M9 in combat. Thank gawd I never fired it in anger. I always disliked it. My combat days are over and I’m glad for it. There’s too much paperwork with killin off the clock I hear.

I have an ‘03 Springfield Loaded I used to carry, now it’s a G19 or 43 for platform commonality.

Do you have a pic?

Top Bottom