What's new

Your combat pistols

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Since I've never been in formal competition, well except for the plaques we'd get during qualifications, I thought I'd put this up to go with the Competition Pistols thread for those that don't have high dollar competition race guns.

What ya got?

My only combat pistols are a 45 ACP from the mid 80s and a 9mm Beretta. I still carried a M-4 when deployed as no one wants to have the enemy close enough for a pistol fight.

Sent from my DROID Turbo using Tapatalk

019F86D9-C53A-4C9C-85DF-7FCE26840D79.jpeg
F0244C5E-F928-4ACD-BA99-5DF5BFFBC284.jpeg

Back in the day I carried a Beretta 8000 9mm Cougar as a duty weapon.
Today’s choice would be my .45 Sig Sauer P220R

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
My combat pistol would be whatever pistol I happened to have on me, when I picked the fight and got into some combat. :)

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Mine would probably be the same as I listed in the competition thread or what ever my compact CCW choice of the day was. My competition pistol shooting was of the IPSC/IDPA variety, supposedly "practical". I shunned the high end "race guns" and competition gear and usually used a concealment garment, when allowed, so I was not that "competitive". For me, it was all about real world training. So single stack 1911, stock Glocks, S&W revolvers. Iron sights, no compensators, no "flash", just "bang"!

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
These days almost certainly one or two 380 pocket pistols. But the plan is to never get into combat.

In years past, I've mostly carried the Les Baer Premier that I used in local IDPA competitions, and a Sig P239. Recently, though, I've moved to a Sig P365, which I really like due to lower weight and comfort.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Ruger GP100, 357, 4" barrel, SS, rose wood insert grips. Makes me look like a good shot, lol.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
In 32 years carrying professionally only my Beretta92F saw combat.

She did her job.

I pray that my civilian carry “Elsie Pea” never sees combat duty but she is prepared.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
In 32 years carrying professionally only my Beretta92F saw combat.

She did her job.

I pray that my civilian carry “Elsie Pea” never sees combat duty but she is prepared.

I hear you on that. My Colt 1911 .45 is the same way. Not fun. Not fun at all.

OkieStubble

I had just got back back from the range.

:w00t: :thumbup: Were you shooting it at all?

I was shooting it. Put 200 thru it. I like the trigger and ergonomics, don't really care for the paddle mag catch. It isn't mine, It belongs to the same guy who owns that Aero Precision I shot the other day.

However, H&K has the VP9-B with an All-American push button mag catch. :)

P1566607-660x495.jpg

OkieStubble

Mongo think H&K good...for combat tupperware.

Does that say Okie Stubble or Okie "Chicken Scratch" Scribble? :001_tt2:

I'll have to get mine out of the safe when I get back home and take a family portrait. I only have 7...or maybe 8...I think.

With the advent of Word to type reports, along with not needing to sign the back of paychecks due to Direct Deposit, when does a guy get a chance to practice his penmanship? I definitely shoot better then I write. :)

Top Bottom