Just thought I would start a thread posting our coffee setups. Here's mine

Gaggia Espresso Colour Espresso machine
Rancillio Rocky Doserless
Aeropress Coffee maker
Bialletti Musa
Bodum French Press
Bodum espresso cups
Espro tamper
Braun Tassimo coffe maker (I don't really use it but the girlfriend likes it so heh)
I usually buy my beans at a local coffee roaster. They have about 15 different kinds of beans that are roasted daily. I buy one pound at a time which usually last me about 2 weeks.

Peugeot Hand Grinder
Chemex CM-3
Bodum 8 Cup French Press
Black and Decker Cordless Kettle
Salton UFO + Sunpentown Convection Oven Coffee Roaster
Freshroast +8 Coffee Roaster
30 lbs of Green Coffee Beans in the cabinet

Nice Setup!

I'd like to get into roasting as well, but I don't think the girlfriend would like it. I'm a college student and my kitchen counter space is pretty limited so I can't add anything more to what I already have lol. I can barely find a spot for my toaster:p

Hearthware Burr Grinder
Mr. Coffee 4c drip coffee machine
Bodum 8c press
FreshRoast Plus8 coffee roaster
Turbinado sugar
Assortment of raw coffee beans from Sweet Maria's and Burman Coffee

Assorted Green coffee beans
Fresh Roast +8
Zassenhaus grinder
Technivorm brewer/ Yama vacuum brewer
Still working through different beans and roast times.
Well worth the effort!

Rancilio Silvia
Rancilio Rocky doserless grinder
Reg Barber tamper
Illi espresso cups
I travel extensively but I buy my beans from Espressotec.com in Ricmond B.C and I have yet to find anything that comes close.

Hearthware Iroast 2
Solis Maestro Burr Grinder
Bodum C-mill Blade Grinder
Bodum Ibis Electric Kettle
Bodum French Press
Yama Vacuum Brewer
Bialetti Moka Pot
Turkish Pot
Toddy Cold Brewer

I'm looking to get back into espresso and will go for the Silvia/Rocky when SWMBO will let me :biggrin:
Man, I can remember thinking years ago that the Silvia would be nice but $400 is alot for a machine. Then $400 became 500, then 600 and now 700, yikes!

Zassenhaus hand-cranked grinder
Bodum 8-cup French-press
Bodum "Ibis" cordless kettle
WestBend "Poppery II" coffee roaster
50 lbs of green coffee beans in the cupboard/countertops

Photo? You want a photo of all this stuff?! Fugedaboudit! I'm not gonna shlepp this stuff over to my studio, only to later-on have to shlepp it back and "restock" the shelves. You want a photo? Go buy yourself a copy of Maxim!!

Bodum French Press 2x8 Cup and 2 others
Moka pot of unknown provenance
Krups Grinder
Zassenhaus on Grinder on the way
No roaster but I have a cast iron pan

Wagner Heat gun and stainless bowl for roasting
Solis Maestro burr grinder
Bodum 8 cup french press
Mr.Coffee 4 cup auto
Bodum carafe

Krups espresso machine
Cafe Pilão (Brazilian)

We keep it simple. Nothing, but nothing gets stronger than Cafe Pilão. At least, I haven't found anything yet that is.

Ps, I noticed that a LOT of folks use a french press. Interesting. I have one too (small bodum), but we are espresso drinkers, so we don't use it much.

My wife and I have tried several coffee machines over the years. That is, until we landed upon what I believe to be the best coffee I have ever tasted:

Machine: La Spaziale Vivaldi II Single Group Dual Boiler
Grinder: Mazzer Mini Doserless

The La Spaziale shines for those that want a fool-proof perfect cup every time. To brew, just grind a dose into the filter, tamp, and push a button. A single or double pull is precisely measured and stops automatically. My wife, a complete technophobic, swears this machine is the easiest to use and still produces the best tasting coffee she has ever tasted.

You don't buy a coffee machine just because it is easy to use. You buy a La Spaziale because it is one of the most precise machines on the market at any price. Temp is +- 1 C, pump pressure is exactly 9 bar, and with double-boilers, it really can brew and steam at the same time. Best of all, it is a water plumbed machine so you never need to mess around with water fill up.

Besides making great coffee and being easy to use, the La Spaziale is very easy to setup and maintain. I use an electronic scale and a naked portafilter to calibrate the Mazzer grinder dose. Though, the La Spaziale has stayed +-1 C in temp since setup 2 years ago. Plus, with two manometers you can confirm the boiler and pump pressure with just a glance. Maintenance is very easy. I just run a cleaner through it and clean the group just once a month. Other than that, this machine is absolutely perfect, produces a thick nectar topped with crema every single time.

Any way, if you have been thinking of upgrading to a new espresso machine, definitely check out the La Spaziale models! It is a bit on the higher end of the price bracket but worth every single penny!

My coffee setup is very simple. A Cuisinart burr grinder and a Krups drip coffee maker. Plus a small Bodum French press, looks like about 4 cups.

Tim

1992 Gaggia Espresso $120 on ebay (white...well whitish, anyway) with a PID unit I bought off eBay for $35 - gives pretty good temp control for the brew cycle, then I just let fly with the steam switch for steaming milk...
Crotchless portafilter with a custom turned (by me) cocobolo handle
Custom 'paddle' in cocobolo for the steam knob (my homepmade version of the Synesso paddle)
Rancilio Rocky Grinder w/ doser ($75 on Craigslist - the best coffee score ever)

Reg Barber tamper (black powder-coat handle)

Bodum Chambord press pot for home

Aeropress for work (courtesy of the Coffeecrew website (YAY Colin!!)

Roasters:

Poppery I (4 of them)
Stir Crazy / Galloping Gourmet rig

Barry in Steveston BC

Nice Setup!

I'd like to get into roasting as well, but I don't think the girlfriend would like it. I'm a college student and my kitchen counter space is pretty limited so I can't add anything more to what I already have lol. I can barely find a spot for my toaster:p

get thee a popper and get your butt outside on the balcony and raost away. Almost NOONE can raost inside - it;s way too smokey....

its do-able, and you get the best coffee E V E R !!!!

I just have a pitcher for heating coffee in the microwave and then a 5 cup french press. no grinder yet.

Westbend Poppery I coffee roaster for roasting at my parents
Popcorn Pumper II coffee roaster for roasting at home
Solis Maestro Classic grinder
Cory gasketless vacuum pot for brewing at home
Melitta 4-cup drip (from Gevalia) for brewing at work
Bodum 8 cup French press for brewing at my parents

Top Bottom