What's new

“Your Choice” Tuck of blades PIF!

So for reasons a bit too lengthy to explain here (check out the leap year sabbatical thread if you’re curious) i’m going to PIF the lucky winner a tuck of blades of their choice! Only caveats are it it has to be available on razorbladesclub.com and is limited to US members only. I’ll handle the shipping. All you have to do is tell me what your most hated blade is and why. Best story takes the prize! I’ll select the winner at 12pm EST and send out the tuck after i receive it. Best of luck gents!

My most hated blade was the first straight I tried honing. I thought it was sharp enough to shave with, boy was I wrong. I could have gotten a more comfortable shave with a belt sander with 80 grit belt. It was bad. And I was too stubborn to stop. I was thinking angle must be off or something so I did a full shave adjusting everything. Then I thought I grabbed an aftershave without alcohol and again I was wrong. People a mile away probably thought I was getting murdered when I put the aftershave on.

Not in on the PIF just really liked the topic.

Enjoyed the story and honestly that was my first experience with a “shave ready” straight. Straight up horrible! Unfortunately it looks like i may be PIF’ing this tuck to myself hahaha.

If you are looking for someone. My coworker just registered here and right now I am loaning him a black beauty a brush soap and gave him a couple tucks if blades to get him buy until he gets caught up and can buy a kit.

Well we’ve still got 2 hrs to go but that seems a worthy cause! If noone steps up you can choose the tuck for said newbie and i’ll ship it wherever you please. In fact, even if someone does step up i’ll ship him a tuck anyway. The more people enjoying shaving the better!

My worst was that cartridge thing from the early 70s. I think Schick. It had that long a foot or so single edge blade. When it dulled you would turn a knob to advance it. It was my first blade. Lots of nicks. Evert time I used it I had visions of the glue between the top and bottom of the cartridge giving out and that long blade slicing my throat. I was surprised they didn’t use I in The Godfather movies. That converted me to the twin blade cartridges and their successors for 40 years. Until I picked up a safety razor and double edge blades last May.

I’m not sure that qualifies as hate. Certainly abject terror

Yup. I've now gotten 6 people setups. This is actually the first one I haven't had a razor to give away. He doesn't know it yet but I'm going to give him a brush and the tobs cream I'm letting him keep. I'm going to try to get him either a black beauty or slim adjustable and just give him a starter kit.

Coincidences! Someone just revived thread from 2012 a couple of lines down. It was a Gillette Techmatic. (Sorry i impugned you, Schick)

You didn't specify kind of most hated blade! That darn electric trimmer blade that pinched the heck outta my nether regions. The sounds of the running shower mixed with a tirade of expletives that somber day.

On a more serious note. Sharks man. Don't like them near my face, above or below water.

Not in! Buuuut: I HATE 7O'Clock Yellows. Absolutely can't get a good shave to save my life with them and I'll take any chance to say so lol.

I'd rather rub my face with pumice to get rid of whiskers.

You didn't specify kind of most hated blade! That darn electric trimmer blade that pinched the heck outta my nether regions. The sounds of the running shower mixed with a tirade of expletives that somber day.

On a more serious note. Sharks man. Don't like them near my face, above or below water.

@Frozenshades that gave me a good laugh and you are the winner sir! I too share your hatred of Sharks so it’ll be going to a like minded shaver. PM me your details and i’ll get you a tuck of non-swimming blades as soon as they arrive. Also @Suhrim21 pm me your details and i’ll send our prospective DE enthusiast whatever you’d like.

Not in! Buuuut: I HATE 7O'Clock Yellows. Absolutely can't get a good shave to save my life with them and I'll take any chance to say so lol.

I'd rather rub my face with pumice to get rid of whiskers.

I like the yellows. The first shave is a bit rough but after that they are nice for me.

Received two tucks of blades in the mail yesterday: BIC Astors and yellow sharpedge Gillette 7 O'clock

Thanks @Macduff!

Had a nice shave this morning with the 7 O'clock in a Gillette Red tip and some Tabac. I'll probably use it for a few shaves then switch out to try the BIC

Received two tucks of blades in the mail yesterday: BIC Astors and yellow sharpedge Gillette 7 O'clock

Thanks @Macduff!

Had a nice shave this morning with the 7 O'clock in a Gillette Red tip and some Tabac. I'll probably use it for a few shaves then switch out to try the BIC

Hey glad you got em’ @Frozenshades! I recall the sharp edge as great for one of the 4 shaves i subjected it to but mediocre for the rest. The Bic Astor’s i like though. Not as much as the Bic Chrome but still a very good blade.

Egad, bummed I missed this as I would surely be the winner.

I hate, despise, loooaaathe Derby Extras because my technique was absolutely dreadful when I tried them. Once. Never again!

Top Bottom