What's new

Your best performing soap

Cella, followed by MWF for me.

I do wish I had an Arko stick - with a few days' growth, that thing would crush. Plus, it's my sentimental favorite, since it was my first wet shaving purchase.

Right now it’s Declaration Grooming. I had a perfect shave with the Y/R/P flavor a few weeks ago. Although the New Icarus base is very good, the original is unbeatable in my book.
Declaration Grooming bison tallow is truly superb—in my view much superior to Sterling, Tabac, and B&M and even better than Wholly Kaw donkey. I hear Grooming Department duck fat is even better, but everything is sold out.

Grooming Department gets a lot of attention. I’d like to try it. Has anyone heard when they will have more product? (Apologies if this has already been addressed elsewhere.)

Grooming Department gets a lot of attention. I’d like to try it. Has anyone heard when they will have more product? (Apologies if this has already been addressed elsewhere.)
Hi Razor66, I have not tried GD yet, but several months of research on the top 3 shaving soaps made it clear to me that GD is considered by many to stand at the very top. Tentative release date is supposed to be some time in August or September but no firm date has been announced yet. Suffice it to say that when a release date is known, there will be an explosion of posts and threads to notify others! If you keep on checking the soap forum of B & B, you won't miss the date.

I have little experience in trying a larger amount of soaps especially expensive ones but so far best performances are:

Tabac (just great performance in all categories)
Haslinger (post shave awesome)
Stirling (my favorite scents and slickness)
Catties Bubbles
RazoRock
Dr Jons!

And im sure a bunch others I have yet to try!

Hi @discerningbev , are you putting Mike's Natural above Wholly Kaw Donkey Milk, Declaration Grooming, Eufros, Tallow and Steels, B M Reserve, even slightly so? I highly regard your take on various products, that's why I'm curious to know what you think. I've never tried Mike's Natural though.
@Hooman Yes! I have tried all those you listed and like them but Mike’s just works best for me. Eufros would be #2 and B&M #3. I also love Mike’s straight forward scents that are medium strength with most of his soaps made with essential oils only. Mike’s however does have lanolin and I believe you are allergic to it.

@Hooman Yes! I have tried all those you listed and like them but Mike’s just works best for me. Eufros would be #2 and B&M #3. I also love Mike’s straight forward scents that are medium strength with most of his soaps made with essential oils only. Mike’s however does have lanolin and I believe you are allergic to it.
Thanks @discerningbev , it must be a star performer then, at $10 for the the unscented version, I'm willing to take the risk even if it has lanolin. I'm very curious now!

In this order:

1. MWF by far (which really surprises me because it's so affordable and will probably be my one and only once I get through the rest. It also took me quite a few tried to get it dialed in properly.)
2. ABC
3. Valobra
4. MDC

To bad Haslinger has been reformulated! I have a couple pucks left. CRSW take on that is pretty good. Great timing!!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom