What's new

Your Best Local Pizza

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
For me it would be Mama’s Pizza. For years I drove 20 miles one way to pick up a pizza. About 10 years ago they opened in my town. My go to Sunday night is watching SNF while eating a Mama’s thin crust with pepperoni, green olives, and extra cheese. If green olives aren’t an available topping, it ain’t a real pizza joint (IMO)

yet another mushroom pie from my local favorite. just phenomenal. they don't have a big, expansive menu. it's pizza, salads (also outstanding, as well as the fried almonds and marinated olives), so the focus is on the pizza and it shows. a lot of places try to do too much at one time. focus on one thing and master it

20211107_181337.jpg

There was a local pizza place in Champaign, IL that used to have a smoked salmon and cream cheese pizza. I haven't been back for a few years so I don't know if they still do. Seafood definitely is at home on top of a pizza.

it was quite good, and salmon plus cream cheese is always a match made in Heaven

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
I already posted about Home Slice for Austin, but my beloved is now a major fan of Via 313.

I hope there isn't a thread already too similar to this. I'm in the middle of South Carolina, we're not renowned for amazing pizza.

You need to head out to Easley and go to Capri's!

Here is Jacksonville it's Moon River Pizza. Amazing dough, amazing sauce, great atmosphere.

In Champaign, IL, Papa Del's still rules after more than 50 years. In Bloomington, IL Luca Grill is the famous one, but I always preferred the now defunct Micheleo's.
I just bought two frozen ones from papa dells and drove them home from Champaign a couple weeks ago. Nothing beats a fresh one at the table but all in all delicous

I am a PIZZA EXPERT! Have been all over the country and I am telling you no one has pizza that even compares to Chicago.

I was in south Fla @ 10 years ago… place on. A1A in Hollywood, Fla… “Capones Lamplighter”. REAL CHICAGO pizza it says on the billboard. I went in and asked now your sure this is gonna measure up? Oh yeah oh yeah! We promise!

I brought it back… started to give them a couple bud… they said what’s wrong? You already paid for it… I said guys- this is SO BAD… I am paying you to take it BACK!

I just refuse to eat pizza anywhere else but home now. It’s too disappointing.

For those in Southern California, the best pizza and been place is pizzaport - pizzaport.com.
They have awesome pizza and wings, its not expensive and they make their own beer - we travel 45 minutes on weekends to eat there for lunch

At home if we want good pizza we pretty much need to make it but I have been hearing rumors that there may be some good pizza to be found in the pacific northwet. I did find a few good places for pizza last time I was in Toulouse (3-4 years ago).

I always find the "[insert city here] has the best pizza, all the rest is garbage!" arguments funny. Maybe I'm different, but dang I like all styles - NY, Chicago, Detroit, you name it. I won't turn down any of them.

But my actual favorite is from where I grew up - south shore of Massachusetts. We do pizza different there and whenever I go to visit family I always stop for a pizza before anything else. The go to for me is Cape Cod Cafe. I can't wait to get back for my usual linguica pizza!

proxy.php

Top Bottom