Votes: 7 7.2%
  • Paradigm SE

Votes: 9 9.3%
  • Razorock Hawk

Votes: 13 13.4%

• Total voters
D

dangerousrazor

I usually choose my next shaving item based on a related poll results or other user's opinions. Recently, I've been interested in AC RAZORS and purchased one and got satisfied.

So before deciding which one will be my next AC razors, I want to hear from your experience. You can choose as many as two. I wanted more detailed choices denoting material used(brass, aluminum etc) but the maximum choice is 10. I am sorry some razors like Claymore and Rocnel arent included in the poll.

I don't feel as if I tried enough of them to vote, having only used the OREN and the aluminum RazoRock Hawk. I sold the OREN; I just couldn't get a close enough shave with it, although it was very smooth and easy to use. I use the Hawk regularly and enjoy it thoroughly, but it also doesn't shave quite as close as I would like. Lately my newest DE, the Muhle Rocca, has supplanted the Hawk at the top of my list.

I have a pre-order for Classic Shaving's Enoch AC razor, which is due to be shipped later this month (if they stay on schedule).

D

dangerousrazor

I don't feel as if I tried enough of them to vote, having only used the OREN and the aluminum RazoRock Hawk. I sold the OREN; I just couldn't get a close enough shave with it, although it was very smooth and easy to use. I use the Hawk regularly and enjoy it thoroughly, but it also doesn't shave quite as close as I would like. Lately my newest DE, the Muhle Rocca, has supplanted the Hawk at the top of my list.

I have a pre-order for Classic Shaving's Enoch AC razor, which is due to be shipped later this month (if they stay on schedule).

Thanks for sharing your experience with us. I missed the pre-order of Enoch. I was not interested in AC razor at that time because I've been mostly into vintage razors. Hope to hear from you how Enoch shaves if you receive the razor and use it :)

D

dangerousrazor

You can still order one. That said, i have used no better than the Vector

I know. But the pre-order price is no more available. So I 'll wait and decide whether I will purchase it or not after some reviews

No Feather shavette Artist Club razor????

Agreed! :) My best AC razor.

I've also used the OREN with mixed results ... the OREN is good, but took me a while to like it.

Taking money out of the equation, based on my research it sounds like the Blackland Vector is the best.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I have and have extensively used the SS Colonial General, both the ATT models, and the SS DLC Hawk. My vote was for the Hawk (out of production in SS I think), but only by a narrow margin. The others I've used are also great.

Use them at the design angle (neutral angle) or steeper. Use Proline blades.

5-1-18.Copper.Fine.E-2.Kit.640.JPG

A good Schick Type E-2 open to clean (not all of them are good I hear) is every bit as good. Maybe better as in maybe easier to use. Not much difference in the blades or platforms other than blade length.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Agreed! :) My best AC razor.

I've also used the OREN with mixed results ... the OREN is good, but took me a while to like it.

Taking money out of the equation, based on my research it sounds like the Blackland Vector is the best.
At half the price, I wouldn't hesitate to buy the Vector, based upon everything I've read about the razor and the company. At the current price, I just can't get myself to do it even though I've bought several less expensive razors that in aggregate cost as much as the Vector. And if RazoRock reissues the stainless steel Hawk I will no doubt buy it along with the Classic Shaving Enoch that I already have on order. Penny wise and pound foolish?

I've used the El Jefe, ATT SE1, Vector and Razorock Hawk and think the last three give excellent shaves. The Hawk looks a bit clunky and the shave maybe isn't quite as good as the DE1 and Vector, but really they're all very close. Maybe the Vector just edges it for its manoeuvrability and rather distinctive looks, but it's just by a whisker. I just never felt comfortable with the El Jefe.

That’s good advice, but even though I can afford it, I just can’t see paying over $100 for a razor. Instead I wind up buying 2 or 3 $60 - $100 razors. And no, that doesn’t really make sense to me either.

I have come to realize that not everyone has the skills to use certain vintage GEM and Schick razor blade holders. That said, there is simply no better razor made than the MMOC or Schick Type E for those that can. Both are readily available for less than $20 for the pair. My first generation MMOC cost me 99 cents.

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
I have two: SE1 and SE2.

Of them both, the SE1 gives me the closest shave I've ever had not counting that time in Albuquerque.

The SE2 shaves close, but for the moment it's just a little too much for this boy. I tried them out for a couple of weeks, and I've taken a bit of a break to concentrate on some other razors. (Trying to break my jinx with the Gem 1912s.)

I tried the Proline blades and decided that I may prefer the Feather Pro.

O.H.

I've tried 7 of the 10 razors and the SS ATT SE1 wears the crown for me, with a Proline of course. I have not tried a Mongoose, Paradigm, or Vector, and I have no desire to.

Top Bottom