Votes: 7 7.2%
  • Occam Oren

Votes: 7 7.2%
  • Paradigm SE

Votes: 9 9.3%
  • Razorock Hawk

Votes: 13 13.4%

• Total voters
If folks are still looking at this thread, I can update my response. I have now used 3 on the list and 2 that are not listed. The three from the list are the Hawk (aluminum, V2), Mongoose, and Oren. The two others are the Hawk V3, stainless steel with both safety bar and open comb and the Classic Shaving Enoch. The Enoch gets my vote amongst those 5 AC razors that I have used. The Mongoose is actually the one that gives me the closest shaves, but only if I pair it with a very aggressive blade, the Feather Pro Super. Even then, it's not my favorite, both because it loses smoothness with that blade and because it's too heavy for my tastes. The Enoch paired with a Feather Pro or Schick Proline provides very close, very smooth shaves while feeling "just right" in my hand. The weight, balance and agility along with superb results have me reaching it for much more often than I do for any other razor.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Of the razors on the list, I have the ATT SE1, Blackland Vector, Colonial General and RazoRock Hawk V3-OC & -A. Also have the RazoRock Hawk V2 and original Occam's Razor.

In my estimation, the Blackland Razors Vector and Colonial General (I use my General with the Timeless TRH6 Ti handle) are my best AC razors. Really like both. Keeping both. Slight nod to the Vector with the Feather Pro Super blade loaded - nimble, smooth and efficient.

Slightly behind the Vector and the General are the RazoRock Hawk V3-OC, ATT SE1 and RazoRock Hawk V3-A. Of these three, I prefer the V3-OC.

All five of these AC razors provide really nice results - they have different attributes and provide a different feel during the shave. Hence my personal preferences.

Just my opinion and YMMV. :)

Of the razors on the list, I have the ATT SE1, Blackland Vector, Colonial General and RazoRock Hawk V3-OC & -A. Also have the RazoRock Hawk V2 and original Occam's Razor.

In my estimation, the Blackland Razors Vector and Colonial General (I use my General with the Timeless TRH6 Ti handle) are my best AC razors. Really like both. Keeping both. Slight nod to the Vector with the Feather Pro Super blade loaded - nimble, smooth and efficient.

Slightly behind the Vector and the General are the RazoRock Hawk V3-OC, ATT SE1 and RazoRock Hawk V3-A. Of these three, I prefer the V3-OC.

All five of these AC razors provide really nice results - they have different attributes and provide a different feel during the shave. Hence my personal preferences.

Just my opinion and YMMV. :)
This is about right if we're talking single edge razors only :)

Reactions: AQU
I am currently using an ATT SE1. I also have the SE2 plate. I'm using Schick Prolines and I'm trying out the Feather Pro Supers at the moment. I also have the aluminum version of the SE1. My favorite might be a hybrid of the aluminum head and the Atlas stainless steel handle. At least in terms of weight, it is. I am only a month or so into SE shaves so my experience isn't vast. I am still enjoying the shave over the DEs that I've tried with exception to a Gillette LC or SC.

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
I got to try a nickel plated Colonial General Brass and that is #1 for me currently. I’ve yet to try a Vector though.

I own a Brass General and a Vector and it’s a close race, but if I were forced to choose between them the Brass General would win. I love the Vector, the General is just a bit more mild which means I could use it as a daily driver more readily.

I own a Brass General and a Vector and it’s a close race, but if I were forced to choose between them the Brass General would win. I love the Vector, the General is just a bit more mild which means I could use it as a daily driver more readily.
I would agree with your statement. I blind bought a polished Vector at the beginning of the year and love it; it is a nearly perfect AC SE but the original General beats it in simple classy-ness and in a slight bit more in-shave comfort, IMO. Still, the Vector isn’t going anywhere! One day I hope to get an original brass General.

I’ve changed my vote. Originally I voted for the Asylum RX. Out of the six on the list that I own, I’m now convinced that the original version of the stainless General is the champ.

Is this some kind of a bad joke? 😂 😂 😂

How can you ask what is the best Artist Club razor and not include the Artist Club itself in the poll??

All these Single Edge razors are using Artist Club blades, but OBVIOUSLY the very best Artist Club razor is the Artist Club razor. It's a Feather.

1600936891925.png

I have used the BlackHawk, Black Aluminum General V1, Hawk V3 standard, Blackland Vector, SS ATT SE1 and Colonial General V2. My preference is the General V2. I like the weight and maneuverability over the others.

D

dangerousrazor

Is this some kind of a bad joke? 😂 😂 😂

How can you ask what is the best Artist Club razor and not include the Artist Club itself in the poll??

All these Single Edge razors are using Artist Club blades, but OBVIOUSLY the very best Artist Club razor is the Artist Club razor. It's a Feather.

View attachment 1159251

I'm not joking at all. The thread is in the safety razor's section. Is Artist Club razor a safety razor? and if you don't like the poll itself, you can create your own.

I'm not joking at all. The thread is in the safety razor's section. Is Artist Club razor a safety razor? and if you don't like the poll itself, you can create your own.
No, Artist Club is NOT a "safety razor". It's a Straight Razor. It is called Feather Artist Club. It is not a type of a razor, but the razor itself.

The blades that it uses are called Artist Club (abbreviated "AC") blades.

Your post title is erroneous, as what you are asking is rather about favorite SE (single edge) razor.

The favorite AC razor would implement a discussion about different Feather AC razors, like folding and non-folding, wooden scales vs plastic scales and DX Vs. SS type blade holder.

Your post is like asking "what is your favorite Merkur 34C razor" and then go on and list various DE brands. It just makes no sense. No offense meant.

No, Artist Club is NOT a "safety razor". It's a Straight Razor. It is called Feather Artist Club. It is not a type of a razor, but the razor itself.

Your post title is erroneous, as what you are asking is rather about favorite SE (single edge) razor.

The favorite AC razor would implement a discussion about different Feather AC razors, like folding and non-folding, wooden scales vs plastic scales and DX Vs. SS type blade holder.

Your post is like asking "what is your favorite Merkur 34C razor" and then go on and list various DE brands. It just makes no sense. No offense meant.
So you were just saying maybe he should have included the word bladed in his title? Like What is you favorite Artist Club bladed razor..

Last edited:
D

dangerousrazor

I posted a thread titled SE razor in the safety razor section, not in the general discussion or razors in general. And AC razor is a generally used term even if it is not the most sophisticated term or not as you suggest. I dont see any errouneous or no sense act on my part.

I posted a thread titled SE razor in the safety razor section, not in the general discussion or razors in general. I dont see any errouneous or no sense act on my part.
OKAY, let's take it slowly then one more time.

1600960217025.png

This is the problem - as there is only one product-line called "AC razor". It is the Feather Artist Club razor portfolio.

It is the Feather brand that invented the AC blades. Do you understand that?

Every razor on your list is a Single Edge type razor with a handle vertically attached to the razor head, utilizing Feather AC blades (and some other blades, like Kai or Schick), but none of them is "AC razor".

I hope this is not all that hard to grasp.

Top Bottom