What's new

Your 4th Of July Plans...

What are you planning for the 4th....BBQ...Homemade ice cream ?...fireworks at home or does your town do a massive display ?

I would like to hear about them....

mark the shoeshine boy

Will be heading over to the in-laws for some homemade ice cream and fireworks. Seems that their town/city is the only one near to us that allows fireworks within the city limits.

In our household we will be praying for deliverance from the demogogues that assault our democratric republic and for the young men and women who, without question, follow the orders of those that would put them in harms way.

guenron said:
In our household we will be praying for deliverance from the demogogues that assault our democratric republic and for the young men and women who, without question, follow the orders of those that would put them in harms way.

getting drunk again, ron.....cool....:001_rolle

John/LetterK,

What an exciting week for you and your wife--welcome to the little firecracker!

Have a Happy 4th!

well it has been made official...my lovely bride wants some of my butt on july 4th....she loves it when I smoke a pork butt....the neighbors love when I smoke my butt in the front yard....hickory smoke fill every one's nose for miles and miles...

I even have the wifes, telling me that they love my butt....

smoked butt, tater salad, fresh tomatoes and more...withthe afternoon to play washers....anyone know what i'm talking about ???

anyone want a piece of my butt ??? :blushing: come on over....

:lol: :lol: :lol:

mark the shoeshine boy

i'll be traveling just a bit north to Washington, D.C., packing a picnic with some friends and watching one of the best fireworks shows ever, all with the National Symphony Orchestra playing in the background. it should be good times.

Mark,
I've played my fair share of washers. In fact, in this part of the country, you can barely have a get together without playing washers.

mark the shoeshine boy said:
well it has been made official...my lovely bride wants some of my butt on july 4th....she loves it when I smoke a pork butt....the neighbors love when I smoke my butt in the front yard....hickory smoke fill every one's nose for miles and miles...

smoked butt, tater salad, fresh tomatoes and more...withthe afternoon to play washers....anyone know what i'm talking about ???

mark the shoeshine boy

Ron White is coming over??? Wow, there WILL be a comedian there!

Randy

mark the shoeshine boy said:

mark the shoeshine boy

Mark,

Out of curiosity, how do you smoke your butt and for how long? I've been out of BBQ'ing for a while, but I used to do 18+ hour cooks on a Big Green Egg (www.biggreenegg.com) I still have it, but it needs a new gasket once I get it out of storage. Joel may pipe in too as he was (still is?) a BGE afficianado.

I had some pulled pork the other day from one of the North Alabama's esteemed BBQ joints and it didn't come close to what I could do in my back yard. I may just have to get the ole Egg up and running again.

As far as my FoJ plans go, I'm going to go to a BBQ at some friend's and stay as long as my wife and, more importantly, our 3 week old boy can last. I'm guessing a couple of hours. Nothing crazy this year for sure.

Mike

Top Bottom