What's new

Your 3 Favorite Soaps - 2019

I'm not limiting myself in anyway. I've tried many, many soaps, and have many others. McD is just my absolute fav, smells amazing and always gives me a great shave. Why mess with a perfect shave? 95% of the time I'm using the same set-up. I change my brush the most, just depending if I want soft or scritchy.

My last fav, P.160, was discontinued years ago. Not sure how Njguy1977 got his hands on some.
A man that knows what he likes! Which scent did you go for? How far did you get through the jar after one year of solid use?

A man that knows what he likes! Which scent did you go for? How far did you get through the jar after one year of solid use?
@Tomo, I have the Original. I usually get 20-22 months per jar. I'm currently working on my third jar.

I did recently buy two new soaps to check out the hype, Stirling and B&M. Both are great, but not replacing MdC.

@Tomo, I have the Original. I usually get 20-22 months per jar. I'm currently working on my third jar.

I did recently buy two new soaps to check out the hype, Stirling and B&M. Both are great, but not replacing MdC.
I like it. I’m currently trying lots of things to determine what’s the best for me. I’d like to think that when I find it I’ll just stop and just stick with that. There’s a certain satisfaction in having one thing safe in the knowledge that it’s the best thing going and sticking with it. As you say why mess with perfection? I actually have a sample of original MdC that I’m getting around to trying.

Do you have the same philosophy with your razors?
A6CF66CE-0233-4DE4-848C-11C9DD6B9A0C.jpeg

Last edited:
Do you have the same philosophy with your razors?

Yes. I have a half dozen vintages; and a half dozen modern razors. 95% of the time I'm using my Weber razor.

I do rotate through the others, just rarely.

I ordered a Karve CB recently, I have to say this could be a match for my Weber. The first real challenger, and I have some great razors.

Tobs jermyn street
Barrister & mann seville
Stirling Piacenza

Ariana & Evans Kaizen and Martin de Candre vetiver are on order 😄

Mine never change,
Discontinued Yardley
Discontinued Penhaligon English Fern tallow
Discontinued Ralph Lauren Safari
Discontinued Aramis
Valobra
AoS tallow
MWF