1. B&M Seville
2. Vintage Colgate Cup Soap
3. Proraso Green.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 3 soaps that I used the most in 2019
1) Cella
2) B&M Reserve Cool
3) Stirling Executive Man

I finished off the tub of Cella, and the Reserve Cool, I'm about halfway through the Stirling. I'm sure for 2020 I will have a new list of top soaps :)

My wife let me use M&M Nantahala (Kodiak base) for my Christmas Eve shave. It definitely has a place on my favorites list. It is one of the slickest soaps I have ever used; the razor glides effortlessly across the skin. However, it is only a minor upgrade over Aon, which at one point was my standard against which all other soaps are compared. The post shave feel is superb, but the honor for best post shave I have experienced still goes to Zingari Man Sego. That one left my skin feeling amazing for the next 36 hours. I love the scent of Nantahala, but wish the scent was a little stronger. M&M says the scent is medium, but I would rate it just slightly less.

I used Grooming Department Aion for my Christmas Day shave. It is an AMAZING soap. It certainly deserves a place among the best soaps available today.

1. For most folks, a 10 second load time is plenty.
2. I bowl lather and was able to produce a perfect lather in 30 seconds. Only my very best soaps can do that.
3. It is one of the slickest soaps I have ever used, both primary and residual.
4. The lather provided plenty of cushion. I was able to shave three full passes plus a clean-up pass with zero irritation.
5. Post shave was interesting. The immediate post-shave feel was very good, but not outstanding. However, an hour later the conditioning ingredients started to become active. Thus, the post-post shave feel was outstanding and lasted for the next 24 hours.

While I consider the performance of several Grooming Department formulations to be elite, the Nai base is the best yet. Unfortunately, the Nai formula is so complex that it takes Mo a long time to make the soap, so he may have to devote his time to other formulations, even though Nai is superb.

Top Bottom