What's new

Your 3 Favorite Omega Boars | & Mine

Having just looked over the Omega website, I have three new favorites:

The one on the left (21cm tall, 500 grams)
01AA96C8-F578-46BB-99CD-A156FBD66BBE.jpeg

I do like natural wood handles though. Less of a handful at 420 grams.

38622E5A-F2D2-419C-91A2-E7450966C8F4.jpeg
Maybe my fave of them all, the heavyweight champ at 600 grams.

6CC32366-ACAA-48F0-A8FA-FE93708B016E.jpeg

But how do they raise the long haired boars?

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
:devil: :yesnod:

How come it says "Pure Badger" on the handle? :letterk1:

Hmmmmm.......the eBay listing states Boar and the description states Boar:

Screenshot_20200323_173626.jpg
Screenshot_20200323_173659.jpg
Screenshot_20200323_173732.jpg

My Italian is way rusty but, sure as all get out, Puro Tasso means Pure Badger.

What the heck, it's a great looking brush - the type of knot notwithstanding. Be interesting to see what I actually get. ;)

Appreciate the heads up. Thank you, @Cal :)

View attachment 1077617

In my view Omegas are the stiffest of the boars out of the box. As I've said, they're useable from the beginning (sometimes). They will always in my experience break in, but some, for instance the ProPro and the Mighty Midget, can take forever to break in. The ivory Mondial will not need to break in to become comfortable and pleasant, but it will still improve as you use it.

I was so excited when mine arrived. It has not disappointed me. I believe you'll love it.

Happy shaves,

Jim
Well, hell.
😉

Seems to work for my wife.
And in this situation, that's all that matters! 😂
It works in that, by the time she stops laughing, she puts the rolling pin down. ;)
At least she puts the rolling pin down. You've survived to push another "Checkout Now" button! 😂

I don’t own an Omega yet. The Zenith Chubby Scrubby has major backbone and scrub yet it can still paint soft and luxuriously even with it’s short loft. The Semogue 2000 needed zero breaking in. Knot 25mm, loft 62mm. It is the exact opposite of the Chubby. No backbone, no scrub, long soft painting loft. If it didn’t have to be an Omega you might like this brush as per your description.
Thank you. After I get the Mondial broken in, I'll see if I want to get other boars. I'll keep this thread stickied so I can find the Zenith & your Semogue recommendations.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
:devil: :yesnod:

How come it says "Pure Badger" on the handle? :letterk1:

@Cal @Chan Eil Whiskers

Messaged the vendor, Executive Grooming. Here is the response I got back:

"This is a Boar brush as per our product title and description. We never noticed the error with the logo in Italian. Mondial probably had the wrong wording there and we will bring that to their attention.

This is a high quality boar brush and hope you enjoy it."

As an Italian, and an long time Alfa Romeo owner, I'm shocked - shocked, I tell you - that something made in Italy would be mislabeled. ;) ;)

The proof, as they say, is still in the pudding. I will post my thoughts when I get the brush in hand.

BTW, I'm keeping it no matter what. I really like the looks of that handle. ;)

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
@Cal @Chan Eil Whiskers

Messaged the vendor, Executive Grooming. Here is the response I got back:

"This is a Boar brush as per our product title and description. We never noticed the error with the logo in Italian. Mondial probably had the wrong wording there and we will bring that to their attention.

As an Italian, and an long time Alfa Romeo owner, I'm shocked - shocked, I tell you - that something made in Italy would be mislabeled. ;) ;)

The proof, as they say, is still in the pudding. I will post my thoughts when I get the brush in hand.

BTW, I'm keeping it no matter what. I really like the looks of that handle. ;)

I'm not Italian except as an honorary membership. When I visited Italy many years ago everyone I met immediately translated my name into Italian, or some version of Italian. The consistency of the translation was amazing making me assume it was right. Anyway, I fell in love with the people and the places.

The error on the handle doesn't bother me at all.

Happy shaves,

Jim

:laugh: I was just being my usual pedantic self, David.

(Barring the "tasso" [badger] written on the brush handle it was pretty obviously boar [to my eyes].)

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
I'm still waiting for my Mondial to arrive from Australia. I've communicated with the vendor & they explain international shipping from Australia is experiencing delays, as is USPS with incoming international packages. Oh well, it will get here when it gets here.
I'm in the same boat, my friend. :)

I’ve had and sold the Proraso professional, 98, and Italian flag.

they are all nice and cheap but the handles are too large for me. Just bought a 80266, which is the same as the 10066 with banded hairs and I’m looking forward to finally trying a middle size Omega

10049 and two of the B&B LE's.

Don't love the handle or size of the 10049, but no question it was the best knot of the 50 or so Omega's I've tried.

My guess is the Connaught Jade would be up there too but I've not tried it.

Top Bottom