What's new

Your 3 Favorite Omega Boars | & Mine

Is it true that there are two versions of it? I've seen hints that there's a "Connaught" jade and then another version in the same handle with a different loft or density? If I do ever pick one up, I don't want to buy the "wrong" one.

Is it true that there are two versions of it? I've seen hints that there's a "Connaught" jade and then another version in the same handle with a different loft or density? If I do ever pick one up, I don't want to buy the "wrong" one.

Same knot. Different handle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.

I don't know and haven't seen that mentioned, but my Connaught Jade is my best boar (and I have a few). Mine is the older one with the medallion if that makes any difference; I've seen the one with the medallion sold somewhere else but not sure where.

Not everyone feels the same about it of course, but it has a ton of fans.

Happy shaves,

Jim

I got mine from Shave Lounge but it seems they have closed the shop. Shave Lounge - Wet Shaving Supplies since 2007 - https://hiatus.shavelounge.co.uk/ it was the model with medallion.
The one without medallion is on OMEGA 011842 Premium Pure Bristle Shaving Brush - https://connaughtshaving.com/011842.html but out of stock.
I was head over heels on this brush when it was new but after blooming and few weeks in, it was too soft and too lower a loft for me. Knot was notably sparse in comparison to other Omegas I have.

Well, let me see. I have (and used to have) so many Omegas, I had to think for 20 minutes to decide. My all time favourite is actually the 10275. Out of the bigger-sized ones I have to say the Proraso Pro is indeed excellent. And the third one would probably be 80280

I was head over heels on this brush when it was new but after blooming and few weeks in, it was too soft and too lower a loft for me. Knot was notably sparse in comparison to other Omegas I have.

I must still be in the honeymoon phase, I still like mine.[emoji3]

It took a bit longer than expected. But a global pandemic can put a wrench in international shipping. But all's well that ends well! @Chan Eil Whiskers, I received my Mondial, & I thank you, good sir, for the recommendation. One test lather & it is superb!!! This is going to be a wonderful brush. I'm so glad I gave boar a second try after a bad boar encounter a few years ago.

And what's even better is I've found a new rabbit hole - boar! So now I'm wondering about the Jade Omega from Connaught.
IMG_2796.jpg

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
It took a bit longer than expected. But a global pandemic can put a wrench in international shipping. But all's well that ends well! @Chan Eil Whiskers, I received my Mondial, & I thank you, good sir, for the recommendation. One test lather & it is superb!!! This is going to be a wonderful brush. I'm so glad I gave boar a second try after a bad boar encounter a few years ago.

And what's even better is I've found a new rabbit hole - boar! So now I'm wondering about the Jade Omega from Connaught.
View attachment 1109800

Very nice looking brush. I'm so glad you like it.

1-8-19.Mondial.Ivory.Boar.640.New.JPG1591561828980.png

Interesting how different ours look. Mine's new in the photo.

The Omega Connaught Jade is a great brush, but so is the Mondial.

Happy shaves,

Jim

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member

View attachment 1109800

Outstanding! Did you order from Australia?

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Yes. I had kept in touch with the vendor & had good communication with them throughout. I’m very pleased with them & will order from them again if the opportunity presents itself.

I also ordered from Australia and have also had great communication.

Still waiting patiently. :)

Top Bottom