What's new

Your 2019 shaving items budget - Y2019SHIB

Hello there,

As God gives us days to enjoy on the earth, I like to make a plan of what I will buy next year. So far this year I bought 3-4 items out of impulse, which didn't turn as I hoped for.

I thought to create a list for my future shaving items. Everyone who finds it useful can create a list of his wishes so he can control his spending budget.

Anyone wants to join, please feel free to post.

So here is my future list :

1. Zenith manchurian brush
2. A two band brush
3. Omega 48 and 98 boar brush
4. A horse brush
5. 2 - 4 aftershave balms or liquids
6. No De blades
7. No creams or soaps
8. An E2 Injector
9. A MMOC razor

Number 1, 4 and 5 are my priority.

What is your plan for 2019? Will you make one?

Last edited:
not a bad little thread here,

I plan on buying the following

1.Razo Rock What The Puck Blue aftershave
2.Sandalwood shave soap from either Proraso or Stirling or Taylor of Old Bond Street.
3. About 30 blades from 5 or 6 different brands.

That's really it, I have everything else I need for the year basically, I have a puck of williams that is chugging along, I have a tub of proraso green and 3 aftershaves and one balm from proraso, so I'm pretty much stocked.

Interesting thread!! Once I finish the 2018 Purchase Sabbatical I will try to limit 2019 to:
1. One more brush
2. A ‘few’ more AS
3. ‘Restocking my soaps’ (perhaps a few more)
4. More BLADES (only a few more years supply)
:a29:

My plan is to go the majority of 2019 without purchasing anything until next years Fall seasonals come out. I plan on getting a few more things come Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals this year, and that is it for a good long while!

Oh I like this thread. It's like a new years resolution.
God willing - and the creek don't rise . .

Things I plan to for 2019:
1) some sort of adjustable safety razor. (maybe two to try)
2) NO MORE SOAP (okay maybe one or two more (but only samples))
3) a better synthetic or non-synthetic brush
4) more blades (only after I run out)
5) there is no number 5
6) the ability to write lists without the extensive use of parenthesis.

I've got a few items that I'll probably pick up this year, plus I typically get a few things for Christmas. Next year will likely be no buy unless I run out of things that need to be replaced (probably some blades and some aftershaves).

-Brush handle for my 24mm synthetic fan knot
-28mm Synbad knot
-Brush handle for 28mm Synbad knot
-Yaqi Mellon DOC head (I just want to try the top cap with my R41).
-Gift item. 24 mm brush handle to go with some knots I have lying around. My best friend needs a new brush.

I just need another boar brush, preferably a big one, and 2 bottles of aftershaves and I'm done.

Unlikely to buy anything else. I'm a modest man and I have other more pressing needs in life. :)

Raven Koenes

My precious!
What is this budget to control spending idea I hear you speak of? I may ponder it at some point? For now I take a healthy dose of this:
upload_2017-10-22_20-18-53.png and push the buy it now button:
giphy (3).gif

I remember when the restraints were in vogue here on B&B. I rather enjoyed them (though I never committed to a full-year one).

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Hahaha. Why don't you become part of Y2019SHIB also? You will thank us at the end of 2019!
I just might as soon as I figure this whole thing out...what I'm doing. Right now I have, just in the soaps and cream department, enough to last sixteen years. :001_tongu Thanks

I want to get a Richman Shaving brush
Merkur Futur
Some more Barrister and Mann and PAA soaps.
A 100 pack of blades that work best for me in most of my razors (still trying to find which blade that is. )

My planned restraints only seemed to fuel my AD's, so I avoid them. I've been doing much better the past few years, but I still have enough shaving supplies to outlive me. Only a couple of things on my radar for next year:

1. RazoRock Game Changer with HD handle. Don't need it, but I'd splurge if I see it available.
2. Harris Almond (and possibly Lavender) soap refills. Not enough left for all of 2019.
3. SRD Opus X and West Indies Bay soaps. Again, not enough left for all of 2019.

I can't justify anything at all - I have 7 or 8 razors including a 6C and a Progress, 30 really good artisan soaps, 3 good Yaqi synthetics, 100 Astra SPs, 50 Personna Reds and some 7 o'clock Yellows.

Question for me is whether I start using AS or EDP. That would open up a dangerous buying spree. As you can see from the above - I start impulse buying..... So far I've stayed away from both but I'm probably in the minority here. I've already started trying out testers in pharmacies/chemists as we call them in the UK. I'm a musician so more into what I hear than what I smell, but I've enjoyed the scents of the artisan soaps so much that it's opened up another world for me. Could be a slippery slope....

Needs: None

Wants: About 4 or so new DE razors (new bright, shiny, toys - but trying hard to resist temptation) & a bunch of soaps that I haven't tried yet

Budgeting for: Haven't really worried about a detailed budget in at least 10 years; will be trying to resist the various ADs that are part of this journey. Suspect I'll probably give in to temptation at some point in 2019 - does it count if my wife buys me a Timeless Bronze or something similar?????)

No particular restraints in place. For consumables no desire/need/intent to add any blades (unless I spot a deal) and will selectively add the occasional soap/cream/aftershave. For hard goods have my eye on a couple of Simpson and Thater brushes. For contemporary razors maybe an Above the Tie or Blackland; vintage keeping my eye out for nicely restored/finished Gillettes, possibly a Delta Echo/North Shore.

Top Bottom