What's new

Young, going gray and totally fine with it.

In fact, I rather like it. Genetics has dealt me the card of going gray fairly early on in life; I started noticing silver hairs against my black hair when I was 21. At first I was pretty hopeless about the whole thing, thinking I would be one of "those guys" who has a God-awful dye job and has to use upkeep products to make my hair look more natural. However, as I've gotten into my late twenties, the gray hairs have multiplied rather quickly...and I think it's actually great. It adds another dimension to how I look and I've even gotten compliments on it (from females within my age group, no less).

Is anyone else here under the age of 30 and graying? If so, do you like it?

I have a small gray patch a little off center on the top of my head and love it. I had a few gray hairs at 16 already but I seem to have acquired a few more after a collision some years back. It looks so good sometimes people have to ask if it's natural.

Like I always say though, I'd rather be gray than bald. :biggrin:

I pray every night that i wake up with a few more grays. I have very dark hair, bu i have a few sprinkled here and there, and I wisht that they would multiply, I don't know why but I have always been a fan of grey hair.

I started graying significantly in my late 20's. I'm past that now and still getting whiter. My gray (really, white) hairs are much straighter than my wavy dark browns, so if I go too long between haircuts, I start to look pretty shaggy. Like you, I get quite a few compliments from women in my age group and younger. I'm glad that I have gray hair, because I think I'd make one helluva ugly bald dude.

I'm balding (thinning) and I don't care. I actually quite prefer it to gray. I never liked trying to "fix" my hair, and thinning has given me a great excuse to keep my hair buzzed. When I was in college, our baseball team all buzzed our hair, and I took it on down with the Bic. I guess that experience got me used to the idea of being bald. :rolleyes:

And it doesn't hurt that my wife rather likes me bald :biggrin:

I pray every night that i wake up with a few more grays. I have very dark hair, bu i have a few sprinkled here and there, and I wisht that they would multiply, I don't know why but I have always been a fan of grey hair.

It's worth noting that one's gray hair has a different texture than one's pre-gray hair, and so when you go gray your look changes more than you might suppose.

Not one gray (knock on wood) but my hair started receding at 19 and while I don't even come close to liking it, I am okay with it.

I personally see nothing wrong with gray hair, but I also see nothing wrong with dying it. Whatever makes someone feel more comfortable.

I too prefer grey hair. I love natural hair, and would go grey and/or bald gracefully. Fortunately for me though, Gramps on my Mom's side had a full head of grey hair, so chances are I wont go bald since the gene for baldness is inherited from the moms side, which always seemed unfair to me :confused:. So at least my chances of going bald are slim, as I too would be one ugly bald dude...!

My hair started falling out when I was 20. Then what was left went grey by 30!. These days it's the eyesight, hearing and teeth...

I found my first gray hair at the tender age of 14. By my early 30s I was salt and pepper and now at age 53 I am mostly white. Never troubled me a bit.

Is anyone else here under the age of 30 and graying? If so, do you like it?

I started to get silver when I was in high school and it's been salt and pepper ever since, same as my Dad. I did'nt like it for many years and even went the "Nice & Easy" route several times. Premature silver made me look and feel old before my time. I got tired of coloring it and just let it go. At least I still have all of it, even at 49. It's genetic for me, my grandfather was all silver by the time he was in his 20's. And I mean silver, not gray or that dull yellowish white. He was bothered by it too, so he would always shave his head and his face with an electric razor, which he continued to do into his later years. I never saw him with a full head of hair. I did'nt see him for about the last 5 years of his life because he and my grandmother became separated, caused by his years of alcoholism. I was told by an aunt that he let hemself go and his hair and beard grew out. When he passed away 28 years ago, he looked just like Santa Clause, with the long silvery hair and beard.

Top Bottom