What's new

You want how much for that?

Just returned from a trip to my local ASDA (UK version of Walmart) and whilst stopping in the shaving aisle for some Palmolive sticks, my eye was drawn by the rows of multi-bladed offerings :thumbdown

Current price for 4 refill cartridges for a Fusion: £8.98 (US$13.73) However, the price for a new Fusion handle with 1 cartridge: £2.00 (US$3.06)

My smug inner glow (after I'd picked my jaw off the floor) was fuelled by the price of 10 Personna blades...£1.85 (US$2.83) :thumbup:

Thats normally how it is in the states too but the packs only have 4 carts in them instead of 6 or 8. Still waaayyy too expensive tho

I've actually seen more than a few magazine articles suggesting that for cartridge users. That you could actually save money by buying razor handles with one blade when they were on sale and it would be cheaper than buying a pack of cartridges.

My smug inner glow (after I'd picked my jaw off the floor) was fuelled by the price of 10 Personna blades...£1.85 (US$2.83) :thumbup:

I didn't realize they had Personna blades at Asda. I am running low on blades and I am not sure about the generic ones from Tesco....

I may be off to Asda soon.:thumbup1:

I hope carts stay popular so that DE blades keep selling for cheap! I just bought 50 feather blades for $22. for me thats months and months of use!

:lol:

These offers are great for gilette, here have a cheap razor and blade, now just wait till you need some cartridges..............................

That's ridiculous.

Talk about anti-green.:mad3: As if the carts aren't landfill waste enough; if you want to save money you have to also trash a new handle every 4 or 5 days?!?!

I agree. It's needlessly wasteful and demonstrates the real manufacturing cost of cartridges is quite low. But we all knew that anyway.:laugh:

These offers are great for gilette, here have a cheap razor and blade, now just wait till you need some cartridges..............................

Until the next model comes out and they've stripped the shelves of the old stuff! :thumbdown

I've actually seen more than a few magazine articles suggesting that for cartridge users. That you could actually save money by buying razor handles with one blade when they were on sale and it would be cheaper than buying a pack of cartridges.

This is terrible in so many ways.

-Andy

AFAIK the Asda & Tesco blade are the same

T

+1 The packaging is the same, and the blades look and feel identical.

So they're the same as the Israeli Personna's discussed commonly here on B&B? May be something else you need to start selling on Ebay! I love the Israeli Personna's I get in the blue and white wrappers.

The ones we get here just have a plain, white paper sleeve. I've not seen them anywhere in the tower packs...only in the single packs of 10...so I'm not sure if they're the same ones that usually get reviewed here.

Top Bottom