What's new

You people are to blame for my addiction.

I have no control. Your restoration photos are habit forming.
My wife has forgiven me.....

$CIMG1027 (2).jpg

econjoe, My favorite is the one on top of the Tabac it is a Solid Set. Handle is 60mm, loft is 50mm and knot is 22mm. It looks redish in the photo but it is actually a lite orange. I like my brush a little on the stiff side even though I am of the blondish nature and have sensative skin. The brush is from The Golden Nip and is the pure badger which is very soft. Suprisingly soft but has really good backbone to work up a really nice lather on the soap. I did find one trick I read on the forum and that is to use a good quality silicone instead of epoxy to set the brushes. Works fine.

Nice job on the restores, curious what benefit the silicone has over epoxy? Also curious what the make of the butterscotch brush is, it looks kinda' sexy.

Chinacats, I use the silicone instead of the epoxy as it is easier to change out the brush if I want to later on. I have a Dremel and I think the epoxy would be difficult to remove and adjust the height to my liking. Silicone I can cut and work out easier then build the depth with plaster of paris. The "butterscotch" brush is a new Omega 80265 boar. Loft 55mm, handle 50, knot 23. Amazingly soft right out of the box and a great lather maker. Holds water well also.

I just did a reknot with a tgn finest fan like your Erskine furthest to the right. Loving it at the moment. Nice job on those restores. Have yet to get my hands on some of the Erskine's. Their shapes are really cool I think.

Midnight, I agree. The Erskine's have a really nice shape. The one in the photo has a handle of 58mm length, 36mm diameter at the widest part on the red. They are built really well with a nice thick rubberized coating which is tough. They also have some nice weight to them. I found I needed to weight the Ever Ready's to make them feel like I was holding something worth holding. With the Ever Readys after putting in the plaster of paris I pushed in nickles or pennys depending on the knot diameter. I am always on the lookout for the Erskines.

I think you have come to the wrong place for an intervention. This group specializes in enabling. Very nice work and keep it up.

Top Bottom