What's new

You people are expensive... and gave me some addictions

Hi,
My name is Dave and I am a penoholic.

My latest purchase has yet to arrive (an Opus 88 Jazz demonstrator and some different sized nibs).

My daily carry for a while has been a Conklin Duraflex in Rose Gold in an eye dropper format with the Diamine Writer's Blood ink.

But when I got into the fountain pens (thanks Badger and Blade) years ago I picked up a TWSBI, and then a Parker 51 (medium nib in an antique store for $10.00), and a Montblanc 320 in mint condition from 1971 from Fountain Pen Hospital.

I also have a nice vanishing point with the fine, medium and 1.1mm stub nibs.

So I will just say you guys are expensive to hang around with.

proxy.php

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Opus 88 Jazz demonstrator
Conklin Duraflex in Rose Gold
Parker 51
Montblanc 320 in mint condition from 1971
vanishing point with the fine, medium and 1.1mm stub nibs

That's all?? You have nothing to be complaining about ... yet!!

(Come back when you have 20 pens, and still haven't stopped buying.)

wiserhood.gif

That's all?? You have nothing to be complaining about ... yet!!

(Come back when you have 20 pens, and still haven't stopped buying.)

View attachment 1316817

Oh I have a couple more less expensive pens that don't get much use at all... but with beard oils, fine cutlery (I just ordered a Sgian Dubh from a custom knife maker as I want function over looks), and other manly things we have in this forum ... well you know. I am just glad they don't have a walking stick/cane section as I find myself needing to use one from time to time or just carry one to work as 'medical devices' can't be restricted... my latest of those is a 1 1/4 purple heart wood shaft with brass ferules and a zebra wood handle.

Hi,

My latest purchase has yet to arrive (an Opus 88 Jazz demonstrator and some different sized nibs).

My daily carry for a while has been a Conklin Duraflex in Rose Gold in an eye dropper format with the Diamine Writer's Blood ink.

But when I got into the fountain pens (thanks Badger and Blade) years ago I picked up a TWSBI, and then a Parker 51 (medium nib in an antique store for $10.00), and a Montblanc 320 in mint condition from 1971 from Fountain Pen Hospital.

proxy.php

Just wait til you find limited editions and matched sets of limited editions.

Last edited:
Just wait til you find limited editions and matched sets of limited editions.

right?

I purchased a second Conklin Duraflex in Rose Gold with the bold nib as these are a limited edition.... Unfortunately sometimes I have champagne taste on a beer budget... but none of that watered down American beer... give me stouts and porters.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
The haberdashery sub-forum has monopolised most of this year's expenditure for me. Last year was the shaving soap and brown leaf forums. Honourable mention to the messroom for last year too. In the past, I'd have found the Great Outdoos forum a big temptation too. With razors, brushes, scents, and here in The Nib though, I got off lightly. Very lightly.

All my pens cost less than £10, and I'm completely happy with them all (seriously!), or at least the ones I use regularly. I did get spares of two of them, as I expected to have wrecked on bt now, but they're still going strong. Those little bottles from Diamine seem to last forever as well. I can't imagine ever killing off one of the larger bottles, even if I moved to just using one colour. A pack of cartridges takes enough working through. As for pencils, I use mechanical pencials so infrequently, that I'm still working through the stash of leads that I've had since being a manual draughtsman in my early 20's. That was over 25 years ago. I do like the humble wooden pencil though, and they seem to last me an age too. Every so often, I have to stock back up on pads, but that doesn't coax much from the wallet, maybe £20 every couple or three years or so.

Thankfully, I seem to have an inbuilt immunity to a lot of the acquisition disorders, and even when I do get bit by a bug, I just have an acute attack, which mercifully settles back down again quite quickly. :biggrin1:

right?

I purchased a second Conklin Duraflex in Rose Gold with the bold nib as these are a limited edition.... Unfortunately sometimes I have champagne taste on a beer budget... but none of that watered down American beer... give me stouts and porters.

My wife has a small collection, but it includes the Namiki White Tiger and Panda pens. They aren’t my style, but she likes them. I’m more into larger pens. I have the Aurora Italian Flag set (matching numbers) and the Mont Blanc Dumas matching number FP, BP & pencil set. Then there are the precious metal pens…

Hi,

proxy.php
Hi Dave

Top Bottom