What's new

You only get one...

Okay guys, times are tough. SCAD, RAD and any other "AD" has been elimimated. You have to sell ALL of your gear, save for one razor, one shaving cream/soap, one fragrance and one balm/moisturizer. What do you keep? What is your absolute favorite "go to" gear?

Randy

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Shower with SoapDance Sandalwood Vanilla Bath Soap
TI, Red Stamina, 7/8 - Soon to be replaced w/ a Dorko 6/8
Shavemac SMF Special
QEDman Sandalwood Shaving Soap
C&E Sandalwood AS Balm
Natureade Aloe80
Creed Tabarome Original Cologne

Okay guys, times are tough. SCAD, RAD and any other "AD" has been elimimated. You have to sell ALL of your gear, save for one razor, one shaving cream/soap, one fragrance and one balm/moisturizer. What do you keep? What is your absolute favorite "go to" gear?

Randy

Such a choice would be impossible - I would be forced to kill all you guys and take your stuff to satisfy my addiction.... :a13: :a33: :devil:

Scotto said:
Randy

Such a choice would be impossible - I would be forced to kill all you guys and take your stuff to satisfy my addiction.... :a13: :a33: :devil:
Concur! DITTO!
Then again... Gillette M3P with a can of Gillette Foamy. If I am going to be miserable, I may as well be really miserable! :001_tt2:

guenron said:
Concur! DITTO!
Then again... Gillette M3P with a can of Gillette Foamy. If I am going to be miserable, I may as well be really miserable! :001_tt2:

If I'm going to shaving "hell", just give me back my "you name the brand" electric!! :scared:
Jerry

Randy, that's a tough one. I would keep my Hoffritz Slant bar, Trumpers Coconut shave cream, Harris Milk AS and Floris Sandalwood EDT.

i'd have to say don't touch my injector str8.
hands off my kmf lavender shave cream!
stop eyeing my musgo real aftershave...
leave the alum block alone or die!

If it ever came to that, I guess most of the guys here would use the cut throat to do just that, cut their throats. :eek: :biggrin:

Wow, down to one of each. Hmmmmm........easy decision actually.

Would have to be:
proxy.php

Schick injector w/Feather blade
Simpson Harvard#4 brush
CAR shave cube
Castle Forbes Lime shave cream
CAR hydrosol (BayRum)
CAR moisturizing aftershave (Peppermint)
JHL Cologne

Thought this was a fun thread so I am Resurrecting it. Currently my lineup would be

68 Super Speed
Pearlman pure badger brush
AOS lavender cream
Nivea after shave balm

Proraso pre-shave
My personally turned best badger brush
Feather AC DX Non-folding w/pro blade
Proraso Eucalyptus & Menthol cream
Neutrogena Razor defense post cream
Clubman Pinaud AS

Ronnie

Easy for me. My DE89L is my only DE razor and I'm pleased. I'll keep it. And so far every blade I've used is ok, even Derby Extra, which are inexpensive, so I'll keep those. I use a Col. Conk pure badger brush that is adequate and isn't shedding. I'll keep that. That leaves soap and aftershave. I'm using Col. Conk Bay Rum soap, which is ok, but I have MWF on the way and have high hopes for that. I'll gamble and say I'll keep the MWF. As far as aftershave, any Bay Rum will do.

No! I still have so much stuff to try!!!

With my extremely limited knowledge, I would pick the following:
EJ89 w/ Weber handle
Astra SP blade
EJ Best Badger brush
TOBs Shaving Shop cream
Thayers WH w/ Aloe
Nivea Sensitive ASB

The EJ89 w/ Astra is idiot proof (I'm proof of that) and I love the smell of Shaving Shop.

This could take some thought....

1953 (Y2) Gillette President / Gillette Silver Blue blade
Savile Row 3824 Silvertip Badger Brush
Georgetown Pottery G20 Ivory Scuttle
Acqua di Parma Colleczione Barbiere Crema da Barba
Acqua di Parma Colonia Intensa AS Lotion / Balm
Witch Hazel / Glycerin
Myrsol Metilsol Astringent AS Splash

I hope it never comes to this..... :scared:

Ben

Razor: EJDE8x with blue handle
Blade: Derby
Cream: Pen's BB
Brush: it would have to be two - the one that belonged to my father, the other belonged to my wife's father
AS Splash: Lustray Spice
AS Balm: Nivea Sensitive

Edwin Jagger Chatsworth Lined Chrome
Rooney Heritage Emillion
Edwin Jagger Sandalwood Cream
Edwin Jagger Sandalwood Moisturizing A/S Lotion
Geo. F. Trumper Spanish Leather Cologne

Razor: 34C - it's my only razor, so easy to decide
Blade: Astra SP - this was much harder. I love both Astras and Feathers. I took Astras because they're generally my daily blade, where as Feathers are for when I've got a bit of growth. Also, Astras last longer, and are cheaper
Soap/Cream: Cella - Have other soaps that I very much like such as MWF and Arlington, but nothing comes close to Cella in performance for me.
Brush: Simpson's Colonel - I pretty much use it for 70% of my shaves now, so it's not a hard choice
AS Balm: Taylors Jermyn St balm - great stuff, very soothing and moisturising and smells amazing.

34C
Astra SP
Glyce Lyme preshave soap
La Toja soap (narrowly edges MWF and Cella)
Musgo Real ASB (possibly mixed with a little 444 ASB)

Top Bottom