What's new

You Never Forget Your First (S)chick!

For my first foray into SE's I took my (I think) G Type for its maiden voyage this morning:
$IMAG0210.jpg

What a great, nimble, easy to use little razor! Feels like I'm cheating on my Merkur 34c :w00t:. No pressure + good angle = DFS! Bonus is local pharmacy carries a nice supply of Chinese Schick blades.
Were these razors a luxury item back in the day?

David, I don't think that injectors were a luxury item per se, but--like DE's of the day--they weren't a cheap disposeable either. Most guys had a different mindset back then--they valued high-quality tools and took care of them, expecting them to last for their whole lifetime. Little did they know that we'd be shaving with them 75 years later!

I agree, BTW: injector shaving is almost too easy. It's the best of both the cartridge world and DE shaving all rolled into one! Now that you know, keep it to yourself or injector prices will go through the roof, just like DE's seem to be doing! Enjoy!!:thumbup:

As with all things, new is what everyone wants. The injectors were a new way to shave. They were also a good way to shave which helped them to stick around for so long. The twinjector was the start of the cart system. Again something new.

Back in the day the razors were given away with the purchase of blades to get people "hooked" on the "new" razors

Congrats! I'd try the personna blades as well (from connaught), they worked much better for me than the Chinese blades, although the Chinese ones are very popular here.

My father only used one razor, every day, and it was a G. The days I use mine, it always brings back fond memories.

I have an e2 and its great,a very smooth and comfortable shave without much trouble, with the blades from connaught.

Top Bottom