What's new

You MUST somehow get a bottle of this

Old Bay Hot Sauce!!!
New from the Land of Pleasant Living (that’s Maryland..Hon😉). Not easy to find; not by a long shot. It is available online (if you want a gallon or are willing to pay a usurious price. But this stuff is the bomb. Here with panko fried shrimp, macaroni, and broccoli salads. Finest kind.
16B9C78B-13AE-4A89-BA30-66E6CDDF597B.jpeg
8F9E2FEB-7C8A-4C6E-B869-CD9751CE50FA.jpeg

Last edited:
I’ve seen it in the grocery store here in MA. Working my way through a big bottle of Texas Pete.
When that’s gone, I’ll give this a go.

Recieved my today. Doesn't say limited edition, is there a difference?
Anyway, this is the first time I've ever tried any, and tasting a little straight out of the bottle I found it to be quite salty. So I tried some on chicken tonight and quite liked it. The flavor is similar to mixing seasoning salt into crystal hot sauce which I like both of.
I look forward to trying it on other dishes.
Doesn't mention anything about needing refrigerated after opening either, should I?
20200812_184609.jpg

kelbro

Alfred Spatchcock
To me it tastes like Old Bay (which I love on grilled seafood) mixed with a very mild hot sauce. Really good flavor. Not very hot. I will find a place for it but it will not really displace any of my mainstays.

this sounds like a winner... i use old bay when i make crab legs ... old bay hot sauce? what could be bad??

Never tried the hot sauce. So I'll keep an eye out for it since I do like hot sauces.

Also like old bay seasoning a lot too.

So old bay hot sauce sounds like a winner to me.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
All right. Picked up the OBHS!

1. It's pretty warm.

2. It's the celery seed giving it the unique taste - that and actual OB, is my guess.

3. Buying this entailed risking the wrath of LOTH, as there are currently TWO bottles of Datil Peppa Vinegar on the table, a chipotle, a cayenne and Mayhem Brothers sauces already open ... and more in the pantry. If I start putting this on my breakfast cereal, it's still gonna take a couple years ... Not to mention fresh Datil peppers, frozen Datil peppers and dehydrated/powdered Datil peppers ...

But yeah. OBHS is pretty tasty. Worth the risk.

AA

Alright, Alright. Alright. On sale too.
it’s pretty damn salty. I like the flavor though. Gonna put it on some cackleberries this morning.
62F4B7E0-6B3D-4CDD-BA6A-CAC716DE2058.jpeg

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Was throwing this on wings and fried pork this week.

At one point I just took a knife and threw the flow reducer away! Pour it on, don't dribble! :devil2:

AA

Ad Astra

The Instigator
By the way, if you don't have this, you have missed something.

My local Walmart, it is all gone! Anguish set in, as I can drink this stuff, put it on breakfast cereal, etc.

Saw/snagged another bottle on seafood counter at another store. Ahhhhhh.

AA

Top Bottom