What's new

You had a bad shave. What soap do you use on your next shave?

Leaving aside razors and blades. Maybe you got bit/burned by an aggressive razor. What soap are you sure to use the next day?
Been a while since I had razor burns. But I remember using Arko for my next shave. I like Arko's slickness.
If the razor burn is bad and very irritating, I just don't shave the next day, to let the skin heal.

Sent from my CPH1969 using Tapatalk

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
There are a couple creams I'd use- Barbasol Brushless for Sensitive Skin, or Proraso 'blue' or JM Fraser's (lathering creams). If I had to use a soap I'd probably go with Speick or Proraso 'white.'

Been a while since I had razor burns. But I remember using Arko for my next shave. I like Arko's slickness.
If the razor burn is bad and very irritating, I just don't shave the next day, to let the skin heal.

Sent from my CPH1969 using Tapatalk
I'd skip a day as well, and then use a cream like TOBS or Trumper's. If I were out of cream, then Tabac.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I have very little variety with my hardware or software, so I fortunately avoid this situation. But MdC has the most protection/cushion of all the soaps I've used.

I'm lucky in that I have nailed down my equipment and technique so that I really don't have "bad" shaves. If I feel a little discomfort, I'll go to MdC for my next shave, or maybe Speick cream.

Tabac is my go-to high-performance soap. It's what I used while learning to shave with a straight. I've learned to trust it to deliver a well-lubricated shave.

MWF might have been first but lanolin doesn't agree with me.

A cheap 'n cheerful stick of Arko is pretty good too.

Top Bottom