What's new

You guys weren't joking ......

Tried the GEM clog proof. First stroke upper lip, DNA sample. Third stroke upper lid a really good DNA draw sample! Next, I picked up the micromatic and finished the shave! Clog proof is not for the young!!!

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

It appears that the very corner edges of the blade are slightly exposed. Which is how I cut myself.

Last edited:
P

Pjotr

Tried the GEM clog proof. First stroke upper lip, DNA sample. Third stroke upper lid a really good DNA draw sample! Next, I picked up the micromatic and finished the shave! Clog proof is not for the young!!!

Hold on, that should be the Open Comb that's cutting you and the Clog Pruf that's saving you the DNA samples.

P

Pjotr

There has to be something wrong with the Clog Pruf or you've had inverted SE shaving experiences! You cut yourself stupid with milder ones and get the good shave with the agressive ones. Don't try a Feather Weight or you will be in Hospital.

I have tried them both with some success. I don't shave my upper lip and would be nervous about trying that area while learning these SE's.

Diving in with an upper lip uppercut with an SE razor could spell doom -- it did for me. :w00t:

Be very mindful of the angle, and perhaps don't go exactly south to north. Try a southwest to northeast pass, then a southeast to northwest. :001_smile

My SE maiden voyage with my 1912 Damaskeene left DNA all over the crime scene. :blush:

But now -- I can't even remember where I've put all my DEs. :thumbup1:

OK, first off you're spelling "proof" wrong. Well, actually you're spelling it right, which is wrong. See, it's spelled "pruf", so in order to spell it right, you have to spell it wrong.

Really seems odd that you had such bad results with the Clog pruf. Any chance the blade was resting on top of one or both of the blade stops? Is one of the stops broken?

What I suspect is that you actually have a malicious MMOC engaged in a psy ops mission. Sidle up to the razor all easy going-like and swiftly pull on the bar guard (make sure the blade is out :001_smile). It's likely pull away to reveal the true open comb nature of the miscreant. They don't usually favor disguise and subtlety, but that's all I can come up with.

That or your Clog pruf is defective in some manner.

Okay, now that you've added the pictures, it certainly looks like the blade is on top of the blade stops. There's your problem.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Like slivovitz says, the blade is on top of the stop. Look at your last pic- see the corner of the blade? It goes under the "hook" (for lack of a better word) it is sitting on. Should be one on the other side, too.

OMG dude! You got the blade loading wrong!! OUCHY!!!!

The blade edge sits UNDERNEATH those tabs bro!!

Imagine how mild this razor will be next time! lol

Diving in with an upper lip uppercut with an SE razor could spell doom -- it did for me. :w00t:

Be very mindful of the angle, and perhaps don't go exactly south to north. Try a southwest to northeast pass, then a southeast to northwest. :001_smile

My SE maiden voyage with my 1912 Damaskeene left DNA all over the crime scene. :blush:

But now -- I can't even remember where I've put all my DEs. :thumbup1:

The first time ever that I shaved ATG on my upper lip without drawing blood was with a 1912. Generally, though, I avoid ATG there; not worth it.

OMG dude! You got the blade loading wrong!! OUCHY!!!!

The blade edge sits UNDERNEATH those tabs bro!!

Imagine how mild this razor will be next time! lol

Mystery solved. :biggrin1:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!

I must be lucky- my 1912 does ATG above the lip easier and better than either of my DEs (EJ89L and black handled Super Speed)

Top Bottom