What's new

you guys like taylor of old bond?

Hi guys,

Looking for some help. Im looking at the taylor of old bond line of soaps, particullarly the st james. Just because i like the name.
you guys have had some good shaves with this?

TOBS Jermyn St. is one of my favorite soaps. I have a tub of St. James cream which I like. Also, I liked the samples of Mr. Taylor and Rose.
I thought St. James is available only in cream and a stck forms.

I certainly enjoy my TOBS sandalwood soap. Very nice scent, good lather.

+1

Xilbus:

When I first purchased this soap I found myself sniffing it so much I was beginning to think I was part Dog! Dang does it smell great IMO. YMMV and all that.

Enjoy your shaves.

Don

I am very fond of the TOBS St. James Line. My first experience was with the shaving stick which performs fabulessly and has become one of my favorite sticks. I was so pleased with the scent that I purchased the SC, AS and cologne. I am very glad that I did. I get compliments on this scent from time to time.

Regards,

Doug

I am halfway through a puck of the lavender , but I have to say TOBS sandalwood is my favorite scent for soaps..

I neglected to mention in my previous post that I have and use TOBS lavender and find it to be and outstanding soap that I will always have in my rotation. I have not tried their sandalwood but from what I have seen on B&B, it is outstanding as well. I am tempted to purchase it because I am very fond of sandalwood, but I just have too many soaps at this time...especially since I discovered a box of vintage soaps and things that I had forgotten about.

Regards,

Doug

Looking for some help. Im looking at the taylor of old bond line of soaps, particullarly the st james. Just because i like the name.
you guys have had some good shaves with this?
I didn't care for them. YMMV as with anything else around here. If you're curious then try them out. First hand experience is your best bet for determining such things. You can read opinions on any product all day and still have no idea if the product is suited to you.

Shoebox Shave Shop sells sample tubs of the Taylor line in the creams. That's a cheap way to try it and a few of the other scents to make sure you like it.

It's definitely worth having one, it's very creamy and luxurious. I got the Avocado which smells like cucumber so it's a boring old scent but a great lather. Funny, you said you like the name St. James. I like the name Eaton College in the black bowl and if I but T.O.B.S. again, and I'm sure I will it will be this one. I am going through a serious Tabac phase at the moment and it's even pulling me away from Proraso green and Cella which is my favourite.

I tried the TOBS lavender cream in a tube. It may differ from the soap because a member responded positively about it, but the scent was extremely faint, I was pretty disappointed, I'm not sure why the name is so cool, Truefitt and Hill and Trumpers are good too.

I have two Tobs creams ( Mr. Taylor & Jermyn St.) and I love them. I would venture to say, you couldn't go wrong with any Tobs soaps.

Top Bottom