What's new

You guys are right, size advise for badger brush.

After a few post of mine in the razor forum, I've had some RAD and ordered about 6 razors. But now it's time for my SBAD, I currently have a boar brush for 5 euro. First it pissed me off by shedding 5 hairs per shave, but in the second week it didn't shed anything. It still pisses me off when I've read a topic about the difference between a badger vs boar. I am experiencing the exact problems.

So I was thinking to buy a badger brush from muehle pinsel. I might go all out for the silver tip, but does size matter in lathering? There is 19/21/23 mm and my face ain't that big. The focus of shaving is the moustache and the chin. I don't have a beard on the cheeks or below my eyes. I'm hoping to buy one silvertip and be cured from SBAD, but reading this forum tells me that's not gonna happend... is it?

Oh one last thing, Silvertip is gonna lather up better than the rest right? At least better than the rest of muehle pinsel? I've heard that silvertip is the softest, which I like, but I don't want it outperformed by the rest of the selection.

Edit: Soap user

Pokkuhlag,
I have just received my first silver tipped 21 mm from muehle pinsel yesterday. It is the cheaper ivory imitation model that is advertised in their site (46 Euro). I ordered an ivory imitation brush stand to go with it. I had been using their 3 piece set (50 Euro one) with a pure badger brush for a past couple of months, with full satisfaction. On opening the packet, I was a little disappointed since the silver tipped brush head looked so small and I thought, "have they sent the 19 mm by mistake?" But having washed it last night with soap to get rid of that wet badger smell, it has flowered out (bloomed out) into a big soft head, bigger than that of the older pure badger 21mm. More than adequate to lather my face! It is soft and nice. The plastic-ivory stand is a must and it only fits a 21 mm. Don't forget to order the Proraso 75 ml green tub as well. Nothing beats Proraso at that price! The scent could be better though. Happy with muehle pinsel's service.

I'm leaning towards the 23 mm or 19 mm version and was planning to let it dry upside down. I think I've read somewhere that it wouldn't hurt the brush since the handle is not wood? The price difference between 21 mm and 23 mm is small compared to 19 mm and 21 mm. 19 mm is around 31 euro, 21 mm is 47 euro and 23mm is only 53.50 euro.

I love their website:

http://www.muehle-pinsel.de/index_en.html?lang=en

I think they have about the best variety for brushes and even their less expensive models look interesting to me. Mind you I haven't bought one of their brushes YET... but it's going to happen one of these days. I could seriously see collecting them.

And they also sell Baxter of California products. Very nice.

I've made my choice after digging through some search results. I'm going for the S size at 19 mm (Raj has the M size). I've read that a SR brush at 18 mm with silver tip is very good performing, so I'm hoping this will be just as well.

:) Ordered some Proraso soap and pre/after shave cream with it.

jduffy said:
I love their website:

http://www.muehle-pinsel.de/index_en.html?lang=en

I think they have about the best variety for brushes and even their less expensive models look interesting to me. Mind you I haven't bought one of their brushes YET... but it's going to happen one of these days. I could seriously see collecting them.

And they also sell Baxter of California products. Very nice.

Right u are! After having surfed around the net looking for the best value for money deal, I can say that nothing beats M-P site. The quality is good. The only disadvantage is the slightly longer delivery time. It takes almost 5-7 days for their delivery (from Germany) to arrive to Sweden. It should have been quicker being within EU and all that!

pokkuhlag said:
I'm hoping to buy one silvertip and be cured from SBAD, but reading this forum tells me that's not gonna happend... is it?

There is no cure; resistance is futile!

Marty

Top Bottom