What's new

You Gotta Love... Single Action 1911's

Down at my friend's ranch in Calhan, CO, check out the ejected .45ACP case above the pistol.

The Second Amendment... protecting ourselves, our families and The Constitution for over 240 years!

Stay safe and enjoy!

IMG_4017.jpg

What .45 is that? And your friend is Uncle Si? :)

My fave EDC pistol, Dan Wesson lightweight CCO, very well balanced, accurate, reliable, Larry Davidson grips.

That's Jack, frontier, pioneer Colorado Springs' family back five generations, incredible horseman, rodeo. He and his wife, former champion barrel racer, are... salt of the earth. Truly blessed!

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
My fave EDC pistol, Dan Wesson lightweight CCO, very well balanced, accurate, reliable, Larry Davidson grips.

That's Jack, frontier, pioneer Colorado Springs' family back five generations, incredible horseman, rodeo. He and his wife, former champion barrel racer, are... salt of the earth. Truly blessed!

Is that public land? I am always jealous of shooters who live in Colorado, Utah, and other places who have large expansions of public land to go shoot.

Is that public land? I am always jealous of shooters who live in Colorado, Utah, and other places who have large expansions of public land to go shoot.

Private ranch. Set up an old wooden pallet, with affixed targets, in front of a large sand berm as a protective back drop. Nobody around other than the four of us, two out of the pic.

@OkieStubble , better get you a 1911 while you still can, just sayin....

Looks like to me... 'some'... are hell bent to place severe restrictions on firearms, further reduce mag capacity, use and ownership tax on firearms, and a heavy tax on ammo purchasing.

Having survived an armed robbery, home invasion, the passion I have, like many others, towards 2A protection, goes right to the core of our existence.

Please remember... 'when seconds count, the police are minutes away'. Protect your loved ones, that's what it's all about.

OkieStubble

@OkieStubble , better get you a 1911 while you still can, just sayin....

Seasons change, world changes and interests change. Lots of different interests. Take gardening for instance. You know, planting seeds, watering trees, etc. It's harder work, getting your hands dirty in a garden versus adoring and owning firearms; and maybe not as relaxing. But it can be, every bit as satisfying and freeing to ones soul as firearms.

Last edited:

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
Interestingly while I really like my Colt 1903s and really like my 45acp revolvers I've never found a 1911 that I liked or enjoyed.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Interestingly while I really like my Colt 1903s and really like my 45acp revolvers I've never found a 1911 that I liked or enjoyed.

It's heresy, but I'm onboard with this.

Glock 30SF apparently ruined me with its light weight and soft-shooting frame flex. Cousin's Colt Commander - beautiful two-tone gun - has a nasty bark and bite. I even built a Franken 1911- never shoot or carry it.

AA

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Seasons change, world changes and interests change. Lots of different interests. Take gardening for instance. You know, planting seeds, watering trees, etc. It's harder work, getting your hands dirty in a garden versus adoring and owning firearms; and maybe not as relaxing. But it can be, every bit as satisfying and freeing to ones soul as firearms.

No doubt. It's very satisfying to literally enjoy the fruits of ones own labors. Enjoying the Satsumas and Oranges that grow on our property now. We enjoy the blueberries, fresh herbs and vegetables we (mostly SWMBO) grow through out the year. When I retire in the next couple of years, I hope to be more involved with the gardening.

My point was to get a 1911 while still available, no hi-cap magazine bans to worry about. I enjoy all types of firearms, fan boy to none. A fine tuned 1911 is a wonder to behold, other 1911s perhaps not so much.

Last edited:
I am a Glock 35 guy 80%+ of the time.

I compete with both a Glock 34 and Glock 35.

When I decide to shoot the 1911 as a my first gun on a whim every few matches, I am always at least as accurate and fast v Glocks despite not having shot the 1911 for several months.

I recently hit an A Zone ( roughly 11x6) at 40 ish yrds weak hand only on a walk back drill for the win.

Almost any 1911 has a trigger that is far easier to shoot well than any "reliable" Glock trigger. A good 1911 trigger is cheating 15 yrds and in and almost cheating for as far out as you can see based on your personal visual acuity.

If there was ever a standard capacity magazine ban with no grandfathering, I would pivot to my 5 inch, all steel 1911 in .45 and drive on.(Series 1 Kimber, Serial #8xxx) I would then buy something from Springfield Armory or Dan Wesson with a rail and be set.

OkieStubble

My point was to get a 1911 while still available, no hi-cap magazine bans to worry about. I enjoy all types of firearms, fan boy to none. A fine tuned 1911 is a wonder to behold, other 1911s perhaps not so much.

I knew what you meant John, my post was just a miserable attempt at satire.

And you are right as rain. I needed a 1911 yesterday. You have convinced me. I’m going to remedy this as soon as I can.

Top Bottom