What's new

you ever feel guilty with all the gear you have? razors, blades etc etc

jackgoldman123

Boring and predictable
until it gets like the collyer bros everyone is ok

1626790301388.png

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
Remember, there are sabbatical and restraint groups on B&B you can join for a little support in reining in the acquisition disorders. Sometimes, these can help you learn the difference between what you want vs. what you really need.
I see the wisdom in that. Perhaps combine a family summer getaway with a B&B support group sabbatical. Get me back on the horse so to speak. The struggle is real.

I sometimes feel guilty around my birthday or Christmas. My wife will want to buy me something and I have to confess to her, "I don't need a thing." Even if there was a razor, brush or soap I wanted, how do I explain to her that I want the I-3 Tech, or the Colgate Cup soap?

If only the beard would grow faster, then I could move through the razor rotation faster and maybe even use some of those soaps I purchased but haven't even tried yet.

I spent 35 years putting everyone's wants and needs before my own and would always feel guilty ever purchasing something for myself, so no guilt, but I am judicious in my purchases. My wife made the comment (once) along the lines of "do you really need that razor?" and my response was, "you wanted me to get a hobby, so I chose to collect a number of razors, while my father's chosen hobby was collecting a number of women he wasn't married to. But I digress... what was your question again?"

Remember, there are sabbatical and restraint groups on B&B you can join for a little support in reining in the acquisition disorders. Sometimes, these can help you learn the difference between what you want vs. what you really need.
yea maybe i need to join one of those groups, which section of the forum are they within? thanks

yea maybe i need to join one of those groups, which section of the forum are they within? thanks
July monthly restraint is here:

There should be an August thread opening up shortly.

Annual sabbatical is here:

The 2022 annual should open sometime in December. It's not possible to enter the 2021 annual in the middle of the year.

July monthly restraint is here:

There should be an August thread opening up shortly.

Annual sabbatical is here:

The 2022 annual should open sometime in December. It's not possible to enter the 2021 annual in the middle of the year.
thanks

hey people so I was wondering you ever feel guilty with all the gear you have? razors, blades etc etc

Not so much guilty, the perspective of I gave fair value for my efforts and time, what rewards this earned me also presents me the right to spread my largess as I so chose. Then there is the question of the "why." And why entails what, when, where, how, and who to describe groups of resulting experience. Why does one thing or a combination of things produce a better result than another? And how many whys does it take to discover satiation and enoughness?

Top Bottom