What's new

you ever feel guilty with all the gear you have? razors, blades etc etc

ERS4

My exploding razor knows secrets
Stop beating yourself like a ascetic monk and we'll be truly free.
Unless whipping yourself is also your hobby, then I will also support it.

As long as we don’t harm our family or health, we don’t need to have any guilt for personal hobbies; I know some people even collect tanks or like to wear stockings on head.

I bought a Winning Razor recently for no reason. I have four razors in the drawer that I never use. I certainly didn’t need a new razor.

When it arrived, I almost felt guilty for not talking to my wife before ordering it. But then I thought of all her shoes, handbags and half a dozen wigs and I got over it.

I’ll PIF the razor to my grandson in a few years when he starts shaving. So, it won’t go to waste.
everytime i get a new razor my wifes like 'really?' lol

tbh i dont blame her in a way as lets face it well for me it is a bit excessive tbh

As an aside, my goal is to learn as much as I can about a lot of different razors. Different designs, required technique, best blade match, etc..... :cool:

My Bride has jewelry and clothes. ;)

The kids are all over 30 and have finally learned how to feed themselves. ;)
yes its all for 'research and educational purposes only' haha :)

p.s anyone fancy sending me a wolfman, strictly for research and educational purposes only? haha :)

I know guys on here that own a hundred razors, but are pretty conservative with soaps, brushes and other products. I know guys on here who own a hundred brushes, but have only a couple of razors. I own 200 aftershaves, but have only one soap for each of the four seasons and a stick of Arko for travel. So many, will lean one way over a preferred thing, while being very frugal in others.

The guys that own a hundred soaps, a hundred creams, a hundred brushes, razors, aftershaves?

Those guys have problems... ;)
yea that is true, dont think ive seen anyone with a lot of everything, its more that they sway towards one thing like you say in your case buddy its aftershaves and mines im not rewally sure probably between razors and blades

I had a CD collection years ago and got grief at work from one person when I said how many I owned. I let them know I did not drink and I'd have the collection for a very long time whereas the alcohol they consumed would be gone very quickly.
thats true at least youve got it as like an investment instead of something thats just vanished like booze or fags etc

Guilt isn't exactly the right word. Guilt implies someone else judging your purchases, which can certainly be a problem. But it's just me. Oh, at first, I went a little crazy on soaps and creams, but I calmed down quickly enough, with no guilt. I haven't exactly become a minimalist, but it is one lather bowl, one brush, one razor, one blade bank, one brand of blades; tons of soaps and creams, but only 5-8 in active rotation, since I discovered MdC.
so what do you reckon the right word is? remorse maybe? regret?

Stop beating yourself like a ascetic monk and we'll be truly free.
Unless whipping yourself is also your hobby, then I will also support it.

As long as we don’t harm our family or health, we don’t need to have any guilt for personal hobbies; I know some people even collect tanks or like to wear stockings on head.

nah nothing like thing more self contemplation i suppose, was wondering if this thought wondered through the minds of others within the wet shaving community

I only feel guilty about purchases when I don't use them enough to justify the expense. Something that sits on a shelf can produce guilt. Something I use a lot, no.

As hobbies go, this one seems pretty darned worthy. You're learning all the time, developing skills.
see thing is like myself i dont know anyone in real life whos into the wet shaving thing so its like if i want something unless i get it myself i wont know what its like so i sort of feel like if i dont get it ill have no other way of trying it tbh

yea agreee with you about the stuff you hardly ever use

We call it a hobby so we can accumulate more stuff without feeling guilty. Have you ever seen the workshop of someone seriously into woodworking? Lots of expensive tools and machines that are used only once in a while? How about the garage of a car collector? Another name for a boat is "a hole in the water that you throw money into". Do you know how much it costs to skydive as a regular activity? I could go on like this for quite awhile...
:laugh:

Shaving stuff is not all that expensive and eventually you reach a point where you realize you have enough to last you for years and accumulating slows down or stops.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
If you don't want it, you won't buy it.
If you want it, that's good enough reason to buy it.
If you buy it, there's nothing to feel guilty about.
It may not meet your expectations, but you can't know that till you have it.
downloadfile-1.jpg

ERS4

My exploding razor knows secrets
nah nothing like thing more self contemplation i suppose, was wondering if this thought wondered through the minds of others within the wet shaving community

We are proud to have this collection, knowledge and time to reward ourselves.

Some well-known priests and Buddhist monks tell us to "control," but they ride in more expensive cars and even own private jets. In contrast, our hobbies for honest work are very small, and we don’t need to feel guilty.

We are proud to have this collection, knowledge and time to reward ourselves.

Some well-known priests and Buddhist monks tell us to "control," but they ride in more expensive cars and even own private jets. In contrast, our hobbies for honest work are very small, and we don’t need to feel guilty.
they dont doubt that hypocrisy is sickening tbh

Top Bottom