What's new

Yoga

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef
Anyone else do the bendy, grounding happy stuff? I try to meet my mat 4x a week.

If so have you ever noticed that your dog is capable of a completely effortless downward dog at any point and time throughout their day? Seriously my whippet executes them perfectly every time. I feel like she mocks me.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I’ve done some informally . I’ve also taken classes … years ago. I took classes doing the Iyengar yoga. As explained to me back then is a more rigid style with a stern instructor who focuses on making sure you are doing the poses correctly to avoid injury. I actually liked that style because I didn’t know anything about yoga and I didn’t want an injury like blowing out a knee.

Several years ago, when I had illusions of getting into some sort of shape, SWMBO and I had some videos where yoga was a part of the routine. I enjoyed the yoga days, and was surprised by how much strength it took. Wasn't all just bendy improvements (though I could benefit from that as well).
Children have pretty much robbed all the time I had available for attempting to get into shape. But if ever that time becomes available again, I could see me injuring myself by attempting this practice again.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
If so have you ever noticed that your dog is capable of a completely effortless downward dog at any point and time throughout their day? Seriously my whippet executes them perfectly every time. I feel like she mocks me.

Upward Human 1

1677787494595.png

Resting Human 2

1677787423490.png

AS my wife and I near retirement, I am determined not to be a lump, moving from bed to easy chair, to bathroom to bed. We go to classes twice a week in an effort to limber up.

My Lord, but I have all the flexibility of a damp 2x4.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
AS my wife and I near retirement, I am determined not to be a lump, moving from bed to easy chair, to bathroom to bed. We go to classes twice a week in an effort to limber up.

My Lord, but I have all the flexibility of a damp 2x4.
With that schedule I’m sure you will see positive improvements.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I did it for a little while. I enjoyed both the activity and the results. I have absolutely no idea why I stopped and even less of an idea as to why I've not started again.

Top Bottom