What's new

Yintal Brass 3 Piece Razor Review

Hi huck1995, from photos you've posted, the gap and the blade exposure on that razor look very similar to my 3 piece Parker closed comb. I haven't tried the Yintal, but I have been shaving with that Parker (111w) for more than two years, so just in case those two perform similar (look very similar head geometry wise) I will tell you some of my experiences with my Parker.

111w is pretty (could even say very) aggressive razor. Very efficient and (at least in my opinion) great razor, but one have to get used on it. It shaves similar to shavette (at least my subjective feel) and demands absolutely no pressure. So, not light pressure, no pressure at all. Another thing about this Parker is that the razor works the best with the sharpest blades. If the blade is not sharp enough, or got dulled, you can expect certain amount of irritation with this razor. I could never got a pleasant shave from it with German Wilkinson, Gillette Platinum worked fine, but the best results, and the most comfortable shaves I had when that Parker was paired with fresh Feather blade. Also, whenever I tried to use a blade for the fourth time I would end up with irritation on my face.

Another thing, again, in case those two razors are similar, try to shave only WTG for some time. Such an aggressive razor will provide you with excellent shave without forcing it ATG, and, for start, just try to get SAS with no irritation, and gradually you will get used on the razor and start to enjoy the great shaves it can give.

Sorry for long post, just was trying to help ;)

It's funny to me that most people find this to be an aggressive razor, I've found it to be no more than moderate aggression, certainly not one of my most aggressive razors.

@JoSk

The Yintal heads and the Parker 3 piece heads are quite different. The only common thing is they have very wide gaps. The geometry of the bottom and top plates is different. The angle needed is different. I have both.

It's funny to me that most people find this to be an aggressive razor, I've found it to be no more than moderate aggression, certainly not one of my most aggressive razors.
What would you compare it to? Mine seems less aggressive than an R41. Maybe not quite as aggressive as a Fatip either but close. The weight probably contributes to the aggressive feeling since I usually prefer lighter razors. Aggressiveness for me sort of boils down to blade exposure and mine has plenty.

I have that same razor head, but i find it to be a great razor, everybody's skin is different i guess, keep trying different handles, maybe it will help

What would you compare it to? Mine seems less aggressive than an R41. Maybe not quite as aggressive as a Fatip either but close. The weight probably contributes to the aggressive feeling since I usually prefer lighter razors. Aggressiveness for me sort of boils down to blade exposure and mine has plenty.

Well I don't have TOO many razors to compare it to (I don't have an R41 or Fatip), but it's way less aggressive than a Yuma or Rapira, and slightly more aggressive than a Merkur 33C. Pretty much halfway between those I'd say. For me, it LOOKS like it should be aggressive due to how much the blade looks like it's exposed, but it bends the blade at such an angle that actually it isn't nearly as aggressive as it looks. At least, that's my experience. Of course, depending on your skin and how yours was finished (I would guess there's a fair amount of variation), it could perform completely differently for you.

Now available with a shorter handle (9.2 cm from 10.9 cm) and even heavier overall (120 gr from 112 gr)!
ezgif.com-webp-to-jpg(3).jpgezgif.com-webp-to-jpg(2).jpg

Very nice razor. Not aggressive but efficient.
It is my favorite razor, the micro-comb on the safety bar feels so nice against the skin.

A note: In the beginning I noticed that the razor could give me irritation when the comb was clogged with soap scum, so I gently clean it with a toothbrush regularly.

Received mine today.

Overall fit and finish are quite poor. For example thread was damaged, top cap and baseplate needs to be put together in certain way that everything aligns properly, whole strip of plating was wobbling inside the lather slot, both top cap and baseplate have some defects,....

But it still looks nice and as far as I can tell from first use, it shaves great. Aggressive, but somehow very smooth and comfortable. I can't remember if I ever used so little pressure (none) and still got such a nice and close shave.

They also included a new version of the head, which I didn't use yet, but it looks totaly different. Geometry looks similar to R89.

Top Bottom