What's new

YINTAL anyone?

Right now I can't afford new razors as it will not help on anything. But this one is so tempting for about 15 usd. Seems like a clone of de89 head. Has anyone tried this one?
proxy.php

proxy.php

I bought one of these as they were just so cheap on AliExpress. It's a nice looking razor and very heavy too. Although the head might look like a DE89 clone I can assure you that it's a lot more aggressive. I can get a 2 pass and touch up BBS with it but I have to be careful in order to avoid irritation. I'm struggling to think of another 3 piece razor to compare it to, so I'll go with a Gillette Slim on 7 or 8. I wouldn't describe it as the smoothest razor I've ever used either, but it does get the job done.

The head is the same as the Maggard v3a and the Razorock Mentor. The handle is very heavy and made of brass, although I am sure the head is zinc alloy. It is a very efficient and comfortable shaver, way better than the price suggest. If you live in the USA and already have a spare handle, yo might want to just get the v3a from Maggard, however it will not be that nice looking fake antique brass color.

This is a very good razor. Handle at least is solid brass. Well made, blade aligns perfectly. Efficient too - you can get a good shave. Bargain. I have one in my rotation with a Progress, 6C and Tech. I'm using a Yaqi matte black handle in preference.

Theoretically - Gillettes are 10/32 and the handle is M5. Handle fits fine on one of my Techs but has difficulty threading on another so didn't push it. Looks like YMMV.

Thanks for the info. Just visited the Yintal store on the bay. Had a $10 discount. The brass TTO caught my eye. Looks like a Weishi 9306 without the plating. Decided to give it a try and ordered it. This will be my first Yintal. If it is decent, maybe I will order the 3 piece later. I think that handle would work well with a New LC if it would fit.

Thanks for the info. Just visited the Yintal store on the bay. Had a $10 discount. The brass TTO caught my eye. Looks like a Weishi 9306 without the plating. Decided to give it a try and ordered it. This will be my first Yintal. If it is decent, maybe I will order the 3 piece later. I think that handle would work well with a New LC if it would fit.

If you had a $10 discount how much did you pay for it? I paid $12 without a discount including postage to Poland.

Space_Cadet

I don't have a funny description.
Looks good for 15$. Doesn't have that cheap feeling like many other cheap Chinese razors. Doesn't look like a EJ89 clone.

Wondering how aggressive this razor is. Anyone who's tried it and also something along the lines of an Ikon Tech or Muhle R41 (preferably the 2011 model)?

Wondering how aggressive this razor is. Anyone who's tried it and also something along the lines of an Ikon Tech or Muhle R41 (preferably the 2011 model)?

The blade gap is around 0.84 on mine, so I'm guessing it would be like a 0.84 Gamechanger. It's a similar feel to my 6C on R4. I wouldn't put it more aggressive than that, but I have no knowledge of R41 or Ikon Tech.

Top Bottom