What's new

Yeti columbian necktie

Going to order up some Yeti Snot - I mean with a name like that, how can you not want to try it :)

Has anyone tried Columbian Necktie? I have a hankering for some strong citrus and was looking for feedback on the columbian necktie.

Thanks

snot was great, almost unbearable. instantly cleared up my headcold. nothing to sneeze at.

$yeti snot proraso feather jan 2 2014.jpg

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
I ordered my snot two weeks ago and still haven't gotten any notification that it shipped. I sent them an email and was told it would ship by the end of the week, but that week just ended and I still didn't get a shipping notification. A little bummed because I really want to try it!

I ordered my snot two weeks ago and still haven't gotten any notification that it shipped. I sent them an email and was told it would ship by the end of the week, but that week just ended and I still didn't get a shipping notification. A little bummed because I really want to try it!

Yeti posted an update. Sounds like they had over 700 orders and were completely shocked by the volume of orders. It sounds like they should be catching up soon. :)

I found the Columbian Necktie to be the polar opposite of the Yeti Snot when it comes to "potency".

Yeti Snot is a monster. A powerful menthol bomb. Columbian Necktie seems to be very mildly-scented.

Definitely a little citrus, but there seems to be something else in there that I can't put my finger on. The soap is a clear, reddish-pink color. Very pretty and ruby-like. I had no problems lathering it and got typical melt-and-pour glycerin soap performance from it. All-in-all, an enjoyable and solid-performing product. The scent is just very MILD compared to what one would expect from the maker of Yeti Snot.

Definitely a nice product if you want a glycerin soap that has a pleasant, muted scent while shaving - but is totally gone after the rinse - thus freeing-up many possibilities for AS or cologne options following the shave.

Thanks for reminding me about it. I think I will use it tomorrow!

Must be some inconsistencies between batches, I had a sample of CNT that was VERY orangey. I'll use it again in the AM and repost if my impression changes.

Last edited:
I ordered 3 samples from them: Yeti Snot, CNT and Dream Cicle

Like Sarimento said, it'll clear up your head cold in an instant. It was so cold I couldn't shave with it. I washed off the lather and my face felt frozen for about 15 minutes.

I do agree that the CNT is a very mild citrus scent. The Dream Cicle smells just like an orange creamcicle.

But I will say that for a glycerin soap it's amazing. Thick lather, great cushion and very slick. I like it so much I bought 4 of each scents.

The CNT that I have is a free sample that was sent with my Snot order that I received back in October. It was very mild when I got it. Maybe it was older product before it was sent as a sample...or maybe it lost most of its scent since it is a small 1" x 1" x 1/2" thick piece that was shipped in a zip lock bag vs. being in heat-shrink wrapping like the Yeti Snot puck that I received ?

I was surprised that my CNT had so little scent. Glad that others have CNT with more "personality" to it! My sample smells great - it is just very mild.

$IMG_0610a.JPG

I just used this and it's a good soap. However if you're looking for a good citrus blast, look elsewhere. I used Proraso green pre/post cream and all I could smell the entire shave was eucalyptus. Lather was great and I had a wonderful shave, but I really didn't get much scent from it.

Bump.

I've been trying my sampler pack and found that I can't smell Colombian Necktie or Morning Wood. I mean, if I hold the soap right up to my nose I can kinda slightly smell something, but I smell nothing while shaving with it. Snot, of course, delivers exactly as people say it does. Tonight I'm trying either Shore Leave or Dreamcicle.

I was wondering if others have the same experience, and reviewing this thread I see that they do.

Do you suppose quality suffered when they were deluged with demand many times the volume they expected resulting in delays as they rushed to get packages out, or was yours pre-deluge?

How were shore leave and dreamcicle? I really would love to hear about dreamcicle, was looking at that for when I make my yeti order (once supplies come back)

I got sampler of The Snot, CNt, and Shore Leave. I put up a thread on what happened with the Yeti Snot, but the Shore Leave has almost no scent of it's own. I melted it together with the CNT (which did have a fairly strong citrus scent), and the combo still smells like CNT. I just used it the other day. Good stuff!

How were shore leave and dreamcicle? I really would love to hear about dreamcicle, was looking at that for when I make my yeti order (once supplies come back)

I didn't end up trying either one last night. I was in a hurry and couldn't spend the time to lather a less latherbomby soap from a small sample so I went with a frankenlather of Arko + some creams that takes like 10 seconds and gives me the best shaves ever.

Do you suppose quality suffered when they were deluged with demand many times the volume they expected resulting in delays as they rushed to get packages out, or was yours pre-deluge?

I ordered right as they were getting bombed. I'm kind of disappointed because I was expecting a much stronger scent.

Decent soap, but I don't think I'll be placing a second order.

Top Bottom