What's new

Yet Another Refreshing Aftershave Balm from Provence

Greetings Aftershave Balm Fans,
Hoping you had a chance to (diplomatic for wanted to) read A Refreshing Aftershave Balm From Provence. Well, it truly is a joy to use. It does what it is supposed to, very, very well. SWMBO was kind enough to also buy me the L'Occitane CADE aftershave balm (talk about training?). So you say, "Is CADE a funny way of spelling cad ala Peter Sellers? We know what this is!" Nope, (Quoted from the L'Occitane web site)
Cade essential oil, from the wild juniper shrub, responds specifically to men's shaving and skincare needs
Hmmm.. genévrier, is that in gin too? I dunno, but hope springs eternal.
On a more serious note, I fired up the ol' Gillette Adjustable four pass this morning and then followed it with this balm. All I can say it OUTSTANDING! Really highly efficacious, pleasant natural scent (No Fragrance added as best as I can tell), and leaves a lovely matte finish. No tell tale traces of shiny, oily stuff. This weekend I am rotating to my Merkur slantbar with the Energizer Bunny(R) of chrome steel blades (14.9 cents each) and see if I can work up some irritation to see how well this balm puts out the fire.

Ron,

You're killing me. I had just about decided to tame my recent spending spree in shaving supplies (well, except for the upcoming Gentleman's shop discount, and some eBay stuff, and.... never mind) and now you have to go posting about all this wonderful L'Occitane stuff. I may have to spring for some of the Lavender EdT, some soap, .... I'm going to blame the bills on you. :rolleyes:

Scotto said:
Ron,

You're killing me. I had just about decided to tame my recent spending spree in shaving supplies (well, except for the upcoming Gentleman's shop discount, and some eBay stuff, and.... never mind) and now you have to go posting about all this wonderful L'Occitane stuff. I may have to spring for some of the Lavender EdT, some soap, .... I'm going to blame the bills on you. :rolleyes:
Just say to the Missus, "That Guenron swine! He did it again! Look, look at the bruise marks on my arm where he twisted it, that devil!"
:devil:

Top Bottom