What's new

Yet Another Pasteur Photo Thread

Was trotting around NYC's Upper East side today & waltzed into Pasteur's uptown location (Lexington & 62nd).

We all know how incredible their assortment of shaving goodies is. But truly, I was floored today by some of what I saw. Take a look for yourselves below.

Castle Forbes. Irisch Moos. Tabac. Speick. And yes, that's Cella midway down on the far left. They even have a bunch of Castle Forbes fragrances!

IMG_0144.jpg

Some of the Taylor collection. You can see that the Trumper shelves are to the right; above them is all the D.R. Harris stuff.

IMG_0146.jpg

A better view of Trumper heaven. And yes, that's T&H & Booster down below.

IMG_0148.jpg

Here's the first thing that surprised me: Pasteur sells Floris? Since when!?

IMG_0150.jpg

Here's the 2nd thing that surprised me: Hattric. Isn't this stuff supposed to be hard to find? And also, it's hard to see in the pic but immediately to the right of the Hattric is Joris soap. Joris! Is there anything they don't carry? (Well, they don't carry C&S. But no one's perfect. And Cambridge is 2 blocks away. :thumbup1:)

IMG_0152.jpg

If you ever come to NYC, be sure to check this place out. You'll regret it immensely and your wife/girlfriend/significant other will never talk to you again. You won't regret it! :thumbup:

Converation between employees at Pasteur:

Employee #1: How long has he been here?
Emplyee #2: Going on 2 hours, now.
E #1: Has he bought anything?
E #2: Not yet. He grabbing stuff from the shelves and muttering things under his breath . . .
E #1: We're closing in, like, 5 minutes. Can you get him to leave?
E #2: YOU tell him to leave. I already talked to him about opening up the boxes and smelling them.
E #1: I WAS THE ONE THAT MOPPED UP HIS DROOL IN FRONT OF THE CASTLE FORBES DISPLAY!
E #2: Oh god, now he's taking pictures . . .

Converation between employees at Pasteur:

Employee #1: How long has he been here?
Emplyee #2: Going on 2 hours, now.
E #1: Has he bought anything?
E #2: Not yet. He grabbing stuff from the shelves and muttering things under his breath . . .
E #1: We're closing in, like, 5 minutes. Can you get him to leave?
E #2: YOU tell him to leave. I already talked to him about opening up the boxes and smelling them.
E #1: I WAS THE ONE THAT MOPPED UP HIS DROOL IN FRONT OF THE CASTLE FORBES DISPLAY!
E #2: Oh god, now he's taking pictures . . .

Ha!

...actually, the manager did see me taking these pix, and he ran over to me PDQ.

"Can I help you find something?"

Uh oh, I thought.

But he was cool. I asked him if he was familiar with Badger & Blade. "Oh, yes!" he said. I told him I was planning to post my pictures on the forum, which seemed to please him immensely, and complimented him on their vast selection. He asked again if he could help me find anything. I told him I have enough shaving goodness to last me at least 2 lifetimes so no, thank you very much, tho. And that was that.

I thought entering Pasteurs without purchasing something was a ban-able offense :glare:

Great pics. Every time I see photos of Pasteurs my wallet groans.

Ha!

...actually, the manager did see me taking these pix, and he ran over to me PDQ.

"Can I help you find something?"

Uh oh, I thought.

But he was cool. I asked him if he was familiar with Badger & Blade. "Oh, yes!" he said. I told him I was planning to post my pictures on the forum, which seemed to please him immensely, and complimented him on their vast selection. He asked again if he could help me find anything. I told him I have enough shaving goodness to last me at least 2 lifetimes so no, thank you very much, tho. And that was that.

Last time I was in Pasteur's, they kind of left us alone (the more downtown one though). When I go to Cambridge, they're all up in my face and watching me like a hawk. Not a fan.

I thought entering Pasteurs without purchasing something was a ban-able offense :glare:

Great pics. Every time I see photos of Pasteurs my wallet groans.

I've actually be in and out of Pasteur's without buying things TWO TIMES! Please don't drop the banhammer...

WOW! I would kill for a place like that to shop. Thanks for sharing. What are the oval shaped things in the fourth picture, second shelf from the bottom left?

How are the prices there? Fairly reasonable? Or can you generally get things cheaper online?

If you buy single items, it's about the same when you factor shipping in. When you buy multiple things, the shipping makes online cheaper. I like to go in and smell everything then buy it online!

WOW! I would kill for a place like that to shop. Thanks for sharing. What are the oval shaped things in the fourth picture, second shelf from the bottom left?

If you mean the third picture, those are TOBS hand soaps.

I went right by this thread 4 times saying, "nope, not going to look. you can't make me. I'm just not going to do it." Then I clicked on it. :w00t::w00t::w00t:

Oh the AD those pics create!!

Luckily Christmas is just around the corner or I would have my wife asking me why I'm getting all these packages in the mail again... :lol::lol::lol:

Shelves stocked full of quality stuff! Wonder what the inventory totals there?! Minimalist packaging. No metal cans. Stuff that lasts forever and is great for your skin.

Last edited:
China has the Great Wall, but we Pasteur's Great Wall of Shaving Goodness!:thumbup:

Last time I was in Pasteur's, they kind of left us alone (the more downtown one though). When I go to Cambridge, they're all up in my face and watching me like a hawk. Not a fan.

I've actually be in and out of Pasteur's without buying things TWO TIMES! Please don't drop the banhammer...

I tried. I tried so hard to make you see the light and buy something, even some razor blades, but no, you had to resist. :tongue_sm

I keep seeing these pictures of Pasteur's and I'm going to have to book a seat on the Acela Express. :lol:
I've heard there's an absurd tax surcharge on retail purchases in NYC, yes, no?.

Nice, Im going to have head up there like right now, wasn't sure if they where open on Sunday.

I keep seeing these pictures of Pasteur's and I'm going to have to book a seat on the Acela Express. :lol:
I've heard there's an absurd tax surcharge on retail purchases in NYC, yes, no?.

I believe it is something like 8.625%, NYC believes that if it moves, it should be taxed. About the only thing not taxed is passing gas, but give the city time, and they'll find a way to do it.

There is a Pasteur's almost due East of Penn Station. It's also about a half mile south of Grand Central, while the uptown location is about a mile north of Grand Central.

Top Bottom