What's new

Yet Another Pasteur Photo Thread

Evan,

Any sign of Floid at Pasteurs? Also, did you take a look at the ingredients list on the Trumpers soaps? Last time I was there, they had some tallow Rose soap.

I've heard there's an absurd tax surcharge on retail purchases in NYC, yes, no?.

I believe it is something like 8.625%

8.875%, actually.

Evan,

Any sign of Floid at Pasteurs? Also, did you take a look at the ingredients list on the Trumpers soaps? Last time I was there, they had some tallow Rose soap.

Re the Floid: I don't think so. Altho I wouldn't be surprised if it's there after all & I just didn't see it.

Re tallow Trumper soaps: Wow. Really? In the past, every time I've gone into a store & weeded thru all the Trumper soaps hoping to get lucky & find an old one, I've never been successful. So I didn't even consider the possibility. But if what you say is true, then maybe there are some old jewels tucked away somewhere on those shelves. Kind of a tantalizing possibility, isn't it.

I tried. I tried so hard to make you see the light and buy something, even some razor blades, but no, you had to resist. :tongue_sm

Quiet! Glad I didn't get any DE blades- you guys converted me to SE shaving within a few hours of being at Pasteur's.

Btw, if anyone wants to meet up to go to Pasteur's, there's another NYC Potlatch scheduled for January 29th.

Just came back from Pasteur's, let the Acquisition Disorder begin. Purchased a Merkur 38C DE , along with Proraso Shave cream.
I will be posting up pictures in the score section later on.

You have tempted me. I shall visit this place.

Do they let you open the boxes and sniff stuff?

there is absolutely no selection like this in any california store,I think you would have to go to europe to top this

I went to the store today. Floid is there.

I couldn't sniff anything since there were TWO employees flanking me. I was hoping there would be some proraso splash, but no luck. I left without buying anything.

I did get to smell a tabac deodorant stick. Does anyone know if the soap smells the same?

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
Was trotting around NYC's Upper East side today & waltzed into Pasteur's uptown location (Lexington & 62nd).

We all know how incredible their assortment of shaving goodies is. But truly, I was floored today by some of what I saw. Take a look for yourselves below.

Castle Forbes. Irisch Moos. Tabac. Speick. And yes, that's Cella midway down on the far left. They even have a bunch of Castle Forbes fragrances!

IMG_0144.jpg

Some of the Taylor collection. You can see that the Trumper shelves are to the right; above them is all the D.R. Harris stuff.

IMG_0146.jpg

A better view of Trumper heaven. And yes, that's T&H & Booster down below.

IMG_0148.jpg

Here's the first thing that surprised me: Pasteur sells Floris? Since when!?

IMG_0150.jpg

Here's the 2nd thing that surprised me: Hattric. Isn't this stuff supposed to be hard to find? And also, it's hard to see in the pic but immediately to the right of the Hattric is Joris soap. Joris! Is there anything they don't carry? (Well, they don't carry C&S. But no one's perfect. And Cambridge is 2 blocks away. :thumbup1:)

IMG_0152.jpg

If you ever come to NYC, be sure to check this place out. You'll regret it immensely and your wife/girlfriend/significant other will never talk to you again. You won't regret it! :thumbup:

Now that's cool, man. :thumbup1:

Last edited:
I was there a few weeks ago, as my wife needed to buy something. When she was checking out, I just handed her "some soap" to include in the purchase. A kilo of Cella, to be precise. I love shopping with the wife.

This weekend we'll be in Boston, and she already said she needs to pass by Colonial Drug for some lipstick. :thumbup1:

When I was a kid, there was a game show where kids ran through Toys R Us with a shopping cart and grabbed everything they wanted from the shelves with a time limit. If I could have had one wish back then, it would've been to be on that show.

Top Bottom