What's new

Yet another newbie!

Hello everyone!
Have been reading your posts for so long from the "outside" that I figured it was high time I jump into the crowd. I am writing from Italy, have a reasonable number of decades on my back and have become passionate about wet shaving ever since I came across "Geofatboy" of "SHAVE NATION" on the tube about 4 years back. Since then I have been building my "experience curve" step by step through researched purchase of the customary paraphernalia most advocated by the wet shaving community. Its interesting and fun, providing one doesn't get carried away!
My den spans from the Rockwell 2C (for me the mildest) to the Muhle R96 (the most aggressive). I have straight, semi slant, slant, closed and open comb razors, plus 2 adjustables but none are my go-to preference. At the moment I am stuggling with the choice of a new SS daily razor. I don't like aggressive shaves and am striving to find a smooth, efficient mid-tier DE. Current candidates in my short-list are Razorock BBS, Blackland Dart (if still to be found), Rex Envoy and Tatara Masamune. The quest remains that of maximizing (smooth) performance while optimizing spend.

Messygoon

Abandoned By Gypsies.
Welcome from the States! Huge fan of all shaving things Italian, especially Proraso, Cella, and Zenith boars.

Also hunting for a new mold stainless steel razor. Discovering negative blade exposure best meets my needs. The Tatara Masamune is on my short list. If you get one, I’d love to know how it works for you.

Welcome or I guess I should say/type benvenuto. Sounds like you have a nice collection. Good luck with the SS daily driver search.

Top Bottom