What's new

yet another newbie story and check-in

Just checking in to say hello and thank you to all B&B'ers who have contributed their experiences and advice to this forum so that newbies like me might learn the art and science of wet shaving!

I am in my 40's, and used an electric shaver for about 25 years, with occasional periods of wet shaving using various cartridge razors in the mix. My beard isn't very thick, and mainly I just wanted to save time.

Finally I decided that this just wasn't cutting it any more (pardon the pun), so I switched to the Fusion and Proraso about six months ago.

Then three months ago, I became interested in using a shaving brush to get a better lather, and that's when I stumbled upon the wonderful world of DE shaving and ordered my EJ DE87 (ivory) and badger brush. Man, what a difference!

Been experimenting with various creams and blades ever since, and just ordered a 1949 Gillette Super Speed on eBay! My wife probably thinks I'm nuts, but I am just enjoying my new obsession!

Cheers,
Kevin

Just checking in to say hello and thank you to all B&B'ers who have contributed their experiences and advice to this forum so that newbies like me might learn the art and science of wet shaving!

I am in my 40's, and used an electric shaver for about 25 years, with occasional periods of wet shaving using various cartridge razors in the mix. My beard isn't very thick, and mainly I just wanted to save time.

Finally I decided that this just wasn't cutting it any more (pardon the pun), so I switched to the Fusion and Proraso about six months ago.

Then three months ago, I became interested in using a shaving brush to get a better lather, and that's when I stumbled upon the wonderful world of DE shaving and ordered my EJ DE87 (ivory) and badger brush. Man, what a difference!

Been experimenting with various creams and blades ever since, and just ordered a 1949 Gillette Super Speed on eBay! My wife probably thinks I'm nuts, but I am just enjoying my new obsession!

Cheers,
Kevin

Welcome to B&B. I also used an electric razor for more than twenty years before switching to a cartridge razor with a brush abd a quality shaving cream. I was lucky to find B&B when I did. I was looking for a custom handle which used fusion cartridges and if I would have bought one, I doubt I would ever have tried DE razors. I would have never known what I was missing. Now I am thinking of buying some shaving related Christmas gifts for family members to try and convert them to wet shaving.

Top Bottom