What's new

(Yet another) New Gillette Blade (Gillette Super Stainless)

It seems like new Gillette blades are popping up like mushroom these days and often they are coming from either China or India or Thailand.

Today is the turn of the Gillette "Super Stainless". Maybe I'm late but I don't remember to have seen these blades before:

s.stainless-thai.jpg

I have no further info whether these blades are produced in the P&G Bangkok plant (most likely) or in the Shangai plant for export in South East Asian markets. Maybe some fellow B&B member at those latitudes can shed a light on these blades.

Another one on the must-try list.

I've checked the link to the Australian forum. It seems like fakes Gillette "Stainless Steel" as been around for ages.
Taking a look at the pictures posted on that forum those tucks looked very poor printed and packaged.
The blades I've posted look a lot better, embossed printing and all. I'm not that sure these are fakes.

s.stainless-thai2.jpg

I seriously doubt these were made in Thailand. Most probably they say on the back "Made by Gillette Shangai". Google Translate on smartphones can translate written text from a picture. I have read this way many Chinese/ Japanese text on the back of Schick / Gillette razors and blades.

I am curious as to why they have to print "Genuine Stainless Blades" on the tucks. Nearly all blades are stainless steel; the odd ones out are the carbon steel blades.

Packaging lists Procter & Gamble Trading (Thailand) Ltd, 622 Sukhumvit Road, Kwaeng Klongton, Khet Klongtoey Bangkok 10110 and says they are made in China. (via Google translate)
1612134840324.png

I carefully compared the envelope on Jopo's photo with my Super Thins for Thailand. All the details look the same. Fonts, the small marks, how the envelope si folded. So, these might be genuine after all. I read the thread on the Australian forum, and, honestly there is nothing conclusive. They just decided those are fakes, and issiued a warning to forum members.

At this point we can do a recap of the 14 currently produced exotic Gillette blades (all those not produced in the PPI plant in St. Petersburg, Russia).

Gillette Shangai Ltd. (China)
Stainless Steel: (these could be different blades or maybe they're all the same):
- Gillette Super Blue (China)
- Gillette Rubie Ultra Stainless (Vietnam, Indonesia)
- Gillette London Bridge (Philippines)
- Gillette Super Stainless (Thailand)
- Gillette Wilkinson Sword (Indian Subcon)

Platinum: (these could be different blades or maybe they're all the same):
- Gillette Super Thin Platinum (Thailand)
- Gillette Super Nacet (Malaysia)
- Gillette Goal Platinum (Indian Subcon)

Gillette Bangkok plant in Thailand should still produce the Gillette Super Thin (Platinum)

Gillette India Ltd. Two plants, one in Bhiwadi (Rajasthan) and one in Baddi (Himachal Pradesh)
- Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum
- Gillette 7 O'Clock PermaSharp
- Gillette 365
- Gillette Wilkinson Sword
- Winner Platinum

"Winner stainless" are branded Gillette but these are produced in India by Euromax.

Last edited:
At this point we can do a recap of the 14 currently produced exotic Gillette blades (all those not produced in the PPI plant in St. Petersburg, Russia).

Stainless Steel: (these could be different blades or maybe they're all the same):

Gillette Bangkok plant in Thailand should still produce the Gillette Super Thin (Platinum)

Gillette India Ltd. Two plants, one in Bhiwadi (Rajasthan) and one in Baddi (Himachal Pradesh)
- Gillette 365
- Winner Platinum

"Winner stainless" are branded Gillette but these are produced in India by Euromax.

Good list so far but I would point out that the Thai market has "Gillette Super Thin" whereas it is the Vietnamese market that has the "Gillette Super Thin Platinum". I'm not sure any DE blades are manufactured in Thailand - the Gillette Super Stainless made for the Thai market is made in China as we saw above, and the Gillette Super Thin is as well iirc.

Thai:
1612209294069.png

Vietnamese:
1612209341219.png

THe Gillette Shanghai plant also produces some other brands such as Jianyu ("swordfish"):
1612209619115.png

and Flying Eagle:
1612210571689.png

Jianyu and Flying Eagle are both poor quality, as I remember. Haven't tried the Rhino brand (note the graphic similar to Gillette Nacet, ie a tough-skinned animal being bisected):
1612210891778.png

And there is a B&B thread on the "Gillette Sword", a carbon steel blade made in Shanghai for the Indonesian market:
1612210653073.png

Also, not sure if the Gillette plant in Brazil is still making DE blades. They used to make a variety of Gillette branded DE blades there and may still be making the Wilkinson Sword blades (still for available for purchase in Brazil):
1612210707574.png

Thanks to @Jopo for the valuable clarification I will update Gillette current DE blades production outside of Russia. I somehow forgot to include blades produced in the Brazil and Mexico plants.

- Gillette Super Thin (Thailand)
- Gillette Super Thin Platinum (Vietnam)

Carbon Steel:
- Gillette Sword

Other brands produced in the Shangai plant not branded as Gillette and sold in China:
- Rhino
- Flying Eagle
- Jianjiu

Gillette Bangkok plant in Thailand may still produce the Gillette Super Thin. Not confirmed.

- Gillette 365
- Winner Platinum

P&G Gillette Planta Milenio in Irapuato, Mexico
- Gillette Super Thin Mejorada ("Improved Super Thin")

mexico_Super-thin2.png
mexico_Super-thin.png

These are the only Gillette DE razor blades currently selling in Latin America (Central and South). They replaced the great Gillette "Platinum Plus" produced both in Mexico and Brazil and currently out of production.

P&G Do Brasil Manaus Plant
-
Wilkinson Sword

laminas_Wilkinson.png

These are the only Gillette DE razor blades currently selling in Brazil. They replaced the great Gillette "Platinum Plus" produced both in Mexico and Brazil and currently out of production.

Thanks to @Jopo for the valuable clarification I will update Gillette current DE blades production outside of Russia. I somehow forgot to include blades produced in the Brazil and Mexico plants.

- Gillette Super Thin (Thailand)
- Gillette Super Thin Platinum (Vietnam)

Carbon Steel:
- Gillette Sword

Other brands produced in the Shangai plant not branded as Gillette and sold in China:
- Rhino
- Flying Eagle
- Jianjiu

Gillette Bangkok plant in Thailand may still produce the Gillette Super Thin. Not confirmed.

- Gillette 365
- Winner Platinum

P&G Gillette Planta Milenio in Irapuato, Mexico
- Gillette Super Thin Mejorada ("Improved Super Thin")

View attachment 1216983View attachment 1216984
These are the only Gillette DE razor blades currently selling in Latin America (Central and South). They replaced the great Gillette "Platinum Plus" produced both in Mexico and Brazil and currently out of production.

P&G Do Brasil Manaus Plant
-
Wilkinson Sword

View attachment 1216985
These are the only Gillette DE razor blades currently selling in Brazil. They replaced the great Gillette "Platinum Plus" produced both in Mexico and Brazil and currently out of production.

Are you sure the Brazilian Wilkinson Sword is out of production? I recall reading that quite some years ago however I notice that the box in your picture has the updated Gillette logo.

Also, the Gillette Super Thin Mejoradas I used perhaps 6 years ago were made in the Manaus factory.

Some other Gillette Brazil blades no longer in production-

Minora Super Stainless:
1612273946111.png

I'm not certain about this Probak blade but Gillette purchased the Probak brand in 1930 so I think it is likely that this blade was made by Gillette Brazil. The Probak brand now carries on in Brazil in the form of a disposable razor made by Gillette, as with the Minora brand.

1612273682884.png

Gillette "Stainless Blue Blades":
1612272660061.png

Are you sure the Brazilian Wilkinson Sword is out of production? I recall reading that quite some years ago however I notice that the box in your picture has the updated Gillette logo.
No no, I meant the Brazilian Wilkinson Sword are the only DE blade being produced today in Manaus, Brazil. The Gillette Platinum Plus is now out of production. With Gillette "out of production" doesn't mean discontinued, maybe it will return in the future.

I'm not certain about this Probak blade but Gillette purchased the Probak brand in 1930 so I think it is likely that this blade was made by Gillette Brazil. The Probak brand now carries on in Brazil in the form of a disposable razor made by Gillette, as with the Minora brand.

Indeed the Probak disposables are a thing in Brazil, no Minora though.
probak.png

No no, I meant the Brazilian Wilkinson Sword are the only DE blade being produced today in Manaus, Brazil. The Gillette Platinum Plus is now out of production. With Gillette "out of production" doesn't mean discontinued, maybe it will return in the future.

Indeed the Probak disposables are a thing in Brazil, no Minora though.
View attachment 1217097

Ah, I understand.

Re Minora, what you can find online-

Minora disposable, made in Brazil, packaging in Portuguese and Spanish:
Screenshot 2021-02-02 at 4.24.36 PM.png

1612280166691.png

Minora II disposable, made in Brazil, Portuguese and Spanish packaging:
1612281038684.png

Minora II Plus disposable available elsewhere in South America, made in Mexico, Spanish-only packaging.
1612279908741.png

When I bought my Gillette blade sample pack it blew my mind because I wasn't expecting that much variety.

After reading this thread, my sample pack only scratched the surface...

- Gillette 365
- Winner Platinum

The Winner Stainless are produced by Vertice Global. I believe they make the blades for Euromax and they also have their own blade line called "One". Given Euromax have a blade that looks like a copy of a Gillette Silver Blue/Platinum, it will be interesting to see if that disappears now that Vertice are working for Gillette as well!

1612371089070.png

Top Bottom