What's new

(Yet another) New Gillette Blade (Gillette Super Stainless)

Gillette Super Thin is made in Shanghai for Thailand and is not Platinum.
Gillette Super Thin Platinum is made in Shanghai for Vietnam. They are different blades, I have lots of both and shaved with both.
I have never seen Gillette double edge blades made in Thailand.
P&G's new strategy seems to be that there is roughly one plant for every continent making DE blades. The only exclusion being Asia, where they are being made in both India and China. But look at the PPI, it makes DE blades for both Europe and Africa [and even the Middle East]. For Central and South America the only plant that makes DE blades is the one in Brazil as far as I know. They don't make the Super Thins in Mexico anymore.

Gillette Super Thin is made in Shanghai for Thailand and is not Platinum.
Gillette Super Thin Platinum is made in Shanghai for Vietnam. They are different blades, I have lots of both and shaved with both.
I have never seen Gillette double edge blades made in Thailand.
P&G's new strategy seems to be that there is roughly one plant for every continent making DE blades. The only exclusion being Asia, where they are being made in both India and China. But look at the PPI, it makes DE blades for both Europe and Africa [and even the Middle East].

I was lead to error by RBC description on their listing. I never handled one of those so I relied on their apparently wrong description.
superthin.png

For Central and South America the only plant that makes DE blades is the one in Brazil as far as I know. They don't make the Super Thins in Mexico anymore.

You are right on this. After further research I've found out Mexican Super Thin ceased to be produced when Gillette turned the old plant in Naucalpan into a distribution center. The new Milenio plant in Irapuato produces Sensor disposables and Fusion handles and carts.

Top Bottom