What's new

Yet another gd question?

Are gold dollars and double arrows the same manufacturer, i think i read somewhere on here that they are, i see loads of gd's for sale, but not many da's?

From my experience they are indistinguishable from one another, and as far as I can tell they are the exact same razor. A couple of years ago someone posted that they looked inside the scales of their double arrow, and in Chinese characters it said "Gold Dollar".

For a more in depth answer you may be best served by starting a thread over on SRP inquiring about it. They looooove answering questions about GDs over there.

From my experience they are indistinguishable from one another, and as far as I can tell they are the exact same razor. A couple of years ago someone posted that they looked inside the scales of their double arrow, and in Chinese characters it said "Gold Dollar".

For a more in depth answer you may be best served by starting a thread over on SRP inquiring about it. They looooove answering questions about GDs over there.

Thanks, your answer is good enough for me ;) i just picked one up for peanuts on e bay uk.

I paid 6$ for each, and they came in 2 weeks, another shipment was here in 4 weeks. I had 2 older DA razors, and about 10 newer GDs, but the GDs look much better overall, especially the grind and the evenness of the finish is better. At least on mine :)

Top Bottom