What's new

Yet another DE noob

I use a Parker 22R when I travel. The only blades that can give me a near BBS with this razor are Merkur and Gillette Yellow. The Parker 22R has a nice feel to it and is not slippery. I have used it for over six years with no problems except that it is getting a bit rusty. My Parker 99R on the other hand is awful. It barely shaves at all. A $.05 disposable Bic razor shaves better than the Parker 99R.

Welcome. As a noobie on here as well, I have found the wealth of knowledge truly valuable when making the leap into wet shaving. I envy your already great den collection!
This is truly a sweet forum; very helpful chaps abound! :badger::badger:
Yeah, I'm anxious to see the Becker stuff when it comes in...should be here in another 10-14 days. I never thought I'd be "accessorizing" my side of the bathroom LOL. My wife's going to have a cow (for a couple minutes).

Thanks to everyone here for making all of us rooks feel welcome!

Well, the EJ DE89BL just arrived today. Loaded up a 7 O'clock yellow; appears to be about twice the amount of blade exposed vs. the Parker 99R (or thereabouts). Anxious to try it...beautiful razor...the Parker definitely looks more utilitarian, and will be my shaving kit travel razor.

Top Bottom