What's new

Yet another aussie...

G'day all

checking in here having heard this site well talked about on a pretty significant aussie forum. Hoping for some good pointers about speeding my journey from using an electric to a straight or possibly a DE - I'm currently using something which I'm told is the wrong brand for me to call a "shavette".

If I can ask one question in my first post, it's "How do I actually join the Great South Land group? So far I have "subscribed" but not "joined", If I need an invite - then one would be appreciated!

Westie

Hi Westie - welcome to B&B.

You cant really 'join' - just subscribe (although Luc has told me there is some bazaar ritual involving a goat, but I am yet to take him up on it :eek:).

There is nothing wrong with a shavette. As we say on the forums YMMV (which roughly translates to everyone is different and you should do what works for you).

Regards,

Aussie

Being of an agricultural background and a previous follower of ra-ra, I'm rather taken by arcane rituals involving a goat or similar size animal so I'll wait with baited breath for that invitation.

In the meantime I've settled for "subscribing" - I blame the FAQ entirely so I'm admitting no fault!

Gday and welcome to the forum. I'm not a big fan of shavettes. YMMV. I reckon it's good to look at all the wet shaving options like DE, SE, injectors and straights. Somedays if you haven't had enough sleep or you've got a hangover etc etc, you should really be putting a very sharp blade on your face, it's good to have a couple of other options that don't involve 240v or a 4 blade cartridge.

$35 (australian) or so at a local "bricks and mortar" store was pretty much the deciding factor in my current equipment.

I'm fully agreeing it's far from the end of a journey: but it has convinced me that a real (non-cartridge) blade will give me a shave worth looking for.

Just gotta work out where to buy either online or in person. But will stalk Great South Land group a bit for more ideas there I guess.

Welcome to the good ship B&B. Take a stroll on the promenade deck and enjoy the voyage. :thumbup1:

Always remember, relax but be vigilant when you shave!

Being of an agricultural background and a previous follower of ra-ra, I'm rather taken by arcane rituals involving a goat or similar size animal so I'll wait with baited breath for that invitation.

We can only afford one goat around here, so we keep her as a virgin mascot. Welcome to B&B!

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Welcome to B&B!

Hi Westie - welcome to B&B.

You cant really 'join' - just subscribe (although Luc has told me there is some bazaar ritual involving a goat, but I am yet to take him up on it :eek:).

There is nothing wrong with a shavette. As we say on the forums YMMV (which roughly translates to everyone is different and you should do what works for you).

Regards,

Aussie

Oi! Leave the goat alone... :laugh:

$35 (australian) or so at a local "bricks and mortar" store was pretty much the deciding factor in my current equipment.

I'm fully agreeing it's far from the end of a journey: but it has convinced me that a real (non-cartridge) blade will give me a shave worth looking for.

Just gotta work out where to buy either online or in person. But will stalk Great South Land group a bit for more ideas there I guess.

G'day and Welcome!

The wiki can help you find supplies both online and down around Sydney ( with all that growth I assume "western sydney" is somewhere around Lithgow these days!)
http://wiki.badgerandblade.com/index.php/Australia_shaving_supplies

As for the Great Southern Land , yes there is a difference between joining and subscribing. Sadly I dont remember how it works. Perhaps after you post in the group the 'join' option appears. I have joined 2 groups previously and am subscribed to one, but I have more grey matter on my head than in it these days!:tongue_sm and cant remember how it works

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
G'day and Welcome!

The wiki can help you find supplies both online and down around Sydney ( with all that growth I assume "western sydney" is somewhere around Lithgow these days!)
http://wiki.badgerandblade.com/index.php/Australia_shaving_supplies

As for the Great Southern Land , yes there is a difference between joining and subscribing. Sadly I dont remember how it works. Perhaps after you post in the group the 'join' option appears. I have joined 2 groups previously and am subscribed to one, but I have more grey matter on my head than in it these days!:tongue_sm and cant remember how it works

It depends if we are talking about subscribing to a discussion in a social group... Now that I think about it... :001_rolle

If you join the group, GSL isn't lock so you can read what's in it. You need to join if you want to contribute to the social group.

If you subscribe to a discussion in the social group, you will see it appear in your UserCP (top left - User Control Panel) if someone posted in it. But only for that discussion.

Top Bottom