What's new

Yes, that sir is Classy

I'm obviously new to this section fo B&B and I have posted once. My question tonite is this:

I just recently got a business job (which I never thought I would get/do by the way) and I would like to check out some scents that come across as class, like 1950's class.

Maybe this isn't possible, many opinions may be tapped here. All opions are very much appreciated!

tam.audio said:
I'm obviously new to this section fo B&B and I have posted once. My question tonite is this:

I just recently got a business job (which I never thought I would get/do by the way) and I would like to check out some scents that come across as class, like 1950's class.

Maybe this isn't possible, many opinions may be tapped here. All opions are very much appreciated!

Mr. Taylors, Brooks Brothers 1818, Trumpers Eucris, Trumper Spanish Leather, Knize Ten, Tabac

Two questions for you to help narrow it down

(1) What is your age? So we can get an age suitable scent.

(2) What do you mean by class? I initially thought you were referring to the 1950's working class male, or do you mean class as referring to manners, or the time period in general?

Hard to explain what I mean by class, but your 1950's white collar I guess. I am 20 but I work with guys that are 40-50.

These come to mind:

Old Spice
Tabac
Spieck
Aqua Velva
St. John's Bay Rum

These are some of my favorites, btw

Congrats and good luck with the new job!

Be yourself and wear what you like- its the difference between fitting in and conforming! If you put this much effort into your job you will do great- I could assume all ''those'' old guys will be sending there wives out to buy the fragrance that the New Kid is wearing. Good luck.:biggrin:

I'm a newbie here, too. But I know what you mean by 1950s "class." Many of the suggestions I see here are great. Also try Truefitt and Hill Spanish Leather or the Limes (I can't remember the exact name, but check the *shopping links* on this site. They are EXCELLENT, btw!) Bay Rum is great suggestion. Heck, just my Proraso After Shave has gotten compliments!

I agree with Truefitt and Hill Spanish Leather, as it seems to meet your criteria.

Have you considered Tabarome by Creed, or Bais du Portugal?

Brooks Brothers 1818. I get compliments on it all the time. Although I've never tried actually wearing it; I like the idea of Old Spice.

Hello Other Kyle. I'm late to this conversation but you've had some good suggestions so far. Brooks 1818 is one of the best scents I've had the pleasure of wearing. Grand compliments from all ages of females and I've yet to talk to a guy in Brooks Brothers who would actually try it that didn't like it. Most assume it's for "old guys" and it serves that purpose well. It is also just rounded enough that someone your age could comfortably wear it as well. Bear in mind it's a spicy type scent and I think it goes better in fall/winter than summer but you could wear it then too, just drop the dosage.

Another scent that gets way too LITTLE attention is Trumper's Sandalwood. It's not as sweet as the 1818 and works smashingly well for 20/30/40 and up aged guys with NO problem whatsoever. It's very concentrated so a bit goes a long way. It's the strongest/longest lasting sandalwood I've ever used. It has a nice citrus topnote to it that dries down into a powerful base of sandalwood and not that dryish/cheapola crap smell of lesser sandalwoods. Awesome stuff. About $60 per 1.7oz bottle but WORTH every penny. It too goes best in fall but it's no prob in summer in small doses. A nice bonus is that I have NEVER met a female yet who didn't stick her schnozz right back up to my collar for another sniff of this. Very classy and though it's fairly new, I think it will be one of those timeless scents. I hope Trumper never messes with it.

I will diverge with others here about Eucris. I don't believe it goes too well on 20 somethings. It speaks to me of a few more years of life's seasoning but that is ONLY my opinion. It's one of my favourite scents and I can't get enough of it. It is absolutely a MAN'S cologne. No fufu stuff with this one.

Another nice scent that goes well in an office setting is Trumper's Wild Fern or Penhaligon's English Fern. They are quite similar, almost identical. I love this scent. I will never use another drop of Polo. This is a fougere of impeccable quality. It is the green/fresh scent that Polo aspires to but will never reach. This from a guy who actually likes Polo in small doses. It's just too synthetic for me. The Ferns are, shall we say, believable?

Do not overlook Musgo Real's classic scented aftershave. This is one of the best kept non-secrets around. About $22-25 online and one of the BEST values ever. I can only describe the scent as class. It's a keeper. Don't take my word for it, ask Joel.

Okay, we could go on forever but no need. These fellas have thrown out some of the best. I would not really argue with any of the choices.

Regards, Todd

Top Bottom