What's new

Yeah That is a Piece of Wood

No added colors just natural wood . CA glue for the finish.

The coloring is really great on it.

I've never used CA as a wood finish before. Does it add anything to the coloring? I guess it would be similar to just using a regular clear acrylic, right?

Graydog

Biblical Innards
The coloring is really great on it.

I've never used CA as a wood finish before. Does it add anything to the coloring? I guess it would be similar to just using a regular clear acrylic, right?

No it is clear and does not change the color at all.

@G.W. - some do a mix of BLO and CA which will change the color. I say if you want to add an oil, do it before the sanding sealer (if needed) and leave the CA alone.

@Graydog - I keep coming back to look at that gorgeous piece of timber. I think this is the most beautiful one yet. The crosscut grain is quite the piece of candy.

It is a piece of African Rose wood and I decided to turn it around and use the end grain.
I have found a Bird in it and some sand dunes , I love wood ,you sometimes find the coolest things in the grain.
The knot is just sitting in it for the picture .View attachment 811862 View attachment 811863 View attachment 811864 View attachment 811865 View attachment 811866

SPECTACULAR! I keep going back, enlarging the photos and finding more and more I love about the grain of the wood. Well done!

Top Bottom