What's new

Yates Razor

Jake released new handles last night with a free top cap. Sold out in 12 minutes. He followed it up with an email thanking his customers what a top notch company. Great razor and he just got a new machine to try to keep up with demand.

I'm bummed I missed the free top cap deal. I could kick myself for not acting in a more urgent manner. I had a timer set, and everything.

I'll probably order the more aggressive baseplate when he stocks them. Seems like a really good razor based my experience with the brass hybrid plate.

I ended up liking the longer handle as welL. We’ll give the new handle and top cap a go though. Really excited about the new top cap design.
I think the long handle works well with the Yates because of the shaving angle.
I ordered the 3.25", only because I'm used to shorter handles.

Reactions: AQU
I'm finding a very steep angle a necessity with Yates. 2.5 pass shave today with results about as good as a shave can get.

I’ve got one of these on the way with the M and brass hybrid plate.

From what I’ve read it sounds as though it could be similar to a Timeless 0.95 in use and this prompted my purchase.

It’ll take a few weeks before it will arrive in the U.K., so I won’t be able to try it for myself for some time.

In the meantime, I was wondering whether my assumption is correct and, if not, what razors the M and hybrid plate would equate to in terms of both smoothness and efficiency?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love my Yates. Missed the handle sale....remembered it about an hour after it started and they were all sold out. Oh well. I'll try again next time. I don't mind the long handle, it works fine, but it's on the thin side.

Love my Yates. Missed the handle sale....remembered it about an hour after it started and they were all sold out. Oh well. I'll try again next time. I don't mind the long handle, it works fine, but it's on the thin side.
I use a charcoal goods handle. Works well.

I was initially curious about the yates razor but it sold out so quickly that I dont think I have the patience and it doesnt have enough of the wow factor for me to try to catch one of its drops.

I was initially curious about the yates razor but it sold out so quickly that I dont think I have the patience and it doesnt have enough of the wow factor for me to try to catch one of its drops.
True. But they're so inexpensive that they're worth checking out. I signed up to be notified when back in stock and always receive a very courteous email from Jacob when it's available. Waiting on the "h" plate now and not worried about how long it takes.

Jake's new machine can work around the clock so it shouldn't be too much longer for him to have continuous stock available, it really is an excellent razor made by a husband and wife team here in the USA out of 316 SS

Yates 921 with hybrid bottom plate and latest top cap. The new handle (brass) has a very nice grip. Two shaves in and absolutely no complaints. Hopefully in the next couple of months the new EH base plate with more blade gap and exposure will be available.
Yates hybrid.JPG

True. But they're so inexpensive that they're worth checking out. I signed up to be notified when back in stock and always receive a very courteous email from Jacob when it's available. Waiting on the "h" plate now and not worried about how long it takes.

Yes I was on his mailing list also but he had so few available that they sold out in 10 or 15 minutes! I cannot be watching my email day andbnght for a razor - that would be pathological behaviour!

Top Bottom