What's new

Yates 921 Finishes

I’ve had all the finishes except as machined and my favorite is the bead blast. Has plenty of grip and no drag. It looks like most other manufacturers satin finish. I found the polished handle a little slick. The stonewash is nice but the finish is more industrial looking than the others. My stonewash is from the original run a few years ago and is different than the finished used on current razors. Mine has no drag. No matter which you choose, they all shave excellent.
Hey @gdawg55 did you ever try the brass cap with a brass plate? I was curious how it compared to the bead blasted that sounds like your favorite finish.

Iridian

Cool and slimy
The machined Yates version. The stand is from Anself.
PSX_20220604_145321.jpg

Fine enough for me. Have seen no machine marks, maybe some faint ones when looking hard. The handle could be slippery, will shave tonight with it.

Only have the brass H plate. Never got the brass cap…..wish I did. I notice no difference between the stainless and brass baseplates.
Thanks! I am still wrestling with the finish choices. If Yates has the brass cap available in the near future, I may give it a try. Otherwise, I may go with the bead blasted setup. At least that is my thinking for the moment.

Yates sent a response to my question about their a la carte ordering of individual pieces to put together a razor. I asked about brass and I was told when their a la cart customization comes online, you can mix/max any parts and that they will be available in all metals (stainless, brass, and titanium).

Yates sent a response to my question about their a la carte ordering of individual pieces to put together a razor. I asked about brass and I was told when their a la cart customization comes online, you can mix/max any parts and that they will be available in all metals (stainless, brass, and titanium).
Did he say anything about when it will be available?

The bead blasted finished handle isn’t slippery to me but I’m still looking forward to getting a brass handle to complete my razor (I’ll be getting the brass hybrid plate too)

F3F73FDC-A7ED-411E-B74A-FAE6DD5526B2.jpeg
F927635F-43F3-44D9-8B0C-D143FBDD4B00.jpeg

That brass looks really good!

I have the stonewash and it works just fine for me. It's a lot lighter in color than the photos Yates has, but still cool looking.

If there had been a shorter handled option, I may have been tempted. I opted to pass on the 4” handle. I have one and it’s shiny enough for me.

Top Bottom