What's new

Yard sale finds.

Take a look at this ugly lot I picked up today at a yard sale.
$IMG_0124.jpg$IMG_0127.jpg$IMG_0128.jpg$IMG_0130.jpg$IMG_0131.jpg

They did clean up pretty well. The black beauty came out close to mint I used the old CFM method to get them back into shape minus the 3 in 1 oil treatment. @Cartridges the Black Beauty has an H4 date code.

Last edited:
So H4 = 1987 if I counted right? That's a pretty late production Super. I don't think there are too many of those floating around.

Wow, I wouldn't have believed that BB was the same you started with. Did you do the old pipe cleaner under the base plate trick? The plastic plates are really awful at trapping grime in there.

They did clean up pretty well. The black beauty came out close to mint I used the old CFM method to get them back into shape minus the 3 in 1 oil treatment. @Cartridges the Black Beauty has an H4 date code.

Is there a link to this treatment you speak of?

WOW!!! What is the CFM method? That is amazing!!!
Here is how I do it compliments of a seller of razors I chatted with last year. My only modification was to switch over to Kaboom bathroom cleaner.

1. 1 bottle of Kaboom bathroom cleaner
2. Boil the Kaboom
3. Let the Kaboom sit until it gets down to 105 f
4. Put razors to be cleaned into a ziplock freezer bag
5. Pour in the Kaboom
6. Let the razors marinate for 30 minutes
7. Pull the razors out what ever did not fall off remove with a dental pick
8. Reboil the Kaboom same as above
9. Re-marinate the razors for 10 minutes
10. Go over the entire razor with a firm nylon brush
11. Rinse razors and dry
12. Go to town on a buffing using only Woodstock D2902 compound anything else will strip the razor. This step is tricky so be prepared to ruin the first few razors you buff. It takes time to figure out the correct amount of pressure to use.
13. Go over the entire razor with wad of neverdull
14. Drench razor in Dawn dish soap to remove the black neverdull residue from all cracks and knurling
15. Scrub down with the nylon brush
16. Rinse clean
17. Dry
18. The last step to make any razor look mint for photos is to put three drops of 3 in 1 oil on your fingers and work all over razor until your fingers are oil free. I personally do not do this as it is dishonest.
19. Run a micro fiber cloth over the entire razor
20. Done.

Wow! This thread is a great testament to the wonderful razors you can end up with when you bring home razors that look absolutely horrible. Thanks for sharing. Looks like you got some great keepers there.

Top Bottom